“Overpriced, stale bread, wrong meat on sandwich”
Review of Country Deli

Country Deli
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 23 October 2018

The title says it all: $23 for 2 build your own sandwiches which had 2 meats, cheese and tomato. Period. I ordered over the phone for my husband to pick up so we’d have them to travel. I wanted to add our own mayo. I ordered them on sour dough bread. If it was sour dough it was the mildest I’ve ever had, and it was clearly more than day-old. The tomato couldn’t have been sliced any thinner. One sandwich had the right ham and salami as ordered, but the other had turkey and corned beef instead of the roast beef I had ordered. Since I asked if the roast beef was rare there’s no way the gal taking the order misunderstood what I wanted.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

My wife and I split one of the pastrami sandwiches and it was really great. There was plenty of food for both of us. We will be back the next time we are dow.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

This was one of our choices of "new" places to test on our recent trip to the OBX. It was clean--typical fast-food interior. The staff were exceptionally pleasant--the young lady taking our order had a beautiful, friendly and welcoming smile. I had a Ruben, hubby had a BLT--both were very good, properly made with fresh ingredients. The corned beef in mine was thinly sliced, no fat. (important to me!) A suggestion for the owners: a senior menu with some choices for half a sandwich--for those of us with smaller appetites. I hate to waste food, and I just could not finish the large sandwich (a strange complaint I know!) I think it would be a hit with a lot of customers. My understanding is this is locally owned, not a chain--that I like--we select this over chains whenever possible. A definite return, hopefully for a half sandwich choice!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We used this place for our wedding and they opened up just for us to pick our sammiches up!!!! This year we called a little late while driving down there for a sammich platter for lunches for our week. They got it done. The only thing I got angry about was they didn't let us know they moved we used our GPS and even though updated it took us to their old spot. Needless to say we got the right address and the sammiches were delicious!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Tara A
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We were hungry the other day and wanted to grab something to eat. We stopped at the Country Deli. The sandwich selection is huge. Sandwiches are nicely sized. You won’t be hungry once you eat your choice. They also have inside and outside seating. The location is nice considering the Outer Banks.
They also carry surfing spoon ice cream sandwiches which are awesome.
Definitely give it a try. It’s a good grab and go spot.

Date of visit: July 2018