“Great Deli sandwiches!”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 19 October 2018

My wife and I split one of the pastrami sandwiches and it was really great. There was plenty of food for both of us. We will be back the next time we are dow.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018

This was one of our choices of "new" places to test on our recent trip to the OBX. It was clean--typical fast-food interior. The staff were exceptionally pleasant--the young lady taking our order had a beautiful, friendly and welcoming smile. I had a Ruben, hubby had a BLT--both were very good, properly made with fresh ingredients. The corned beef in mine was thinly sliced, no fat. (important to me!) A suggestion for the owners: a senior menu with some choices for half a sandwich--for those of us with smaller appetites. I hate to waste food, and I just could not finish the large sandwich (a strange complaint I know!) I think it would be a hit with a lot of customers. My understanding is this is locally owned, not a chain--that I like--we select this over chains whenever possible. A definite return, hopefully for a half sandwich choice!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We used this place for our wedding and they opened up just for us to pick our sammiches up!!!! This year we called a little late while driving down there for a sammich platter for lunches for our week. They got it done. The only thing I got angry about was they didn't let us know they moved we used our GPS and even though updated it took us to their old spot. Needless to say we got the right address and the sammiches were delicious!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Tara A
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We were hungry the other day and wanted to grab something to eat. We stopped at the Country Deli. The sandwich selection is huge. Sandwiches are nicely sized. You won’t be hungry once you eat your choice. They also have inside and outside seating. The location is nice considering the Outer Banks.
They also carry surfing spoon ice cream sandwiches which are awesome.
Definitely give it a try. It’s a good grab and go spot.

Date of visit: July 2018
Thank Francesca Beatr... M
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Anyone with a restrictive diet knows it’s often better to stay home than try and find something to enjoy in a restaurant. As a gluten-free eater who prefers plant-based food, I remain frustrated at the lack of awareness of diverse dining needs in the Outer Banks and have essentially had to lug down my entire kitchen whenever we vacation. So imagine my delight in discovering the Country Deli and it’s tasty choices for lunch or dinner! Of course, they had a plethora of meats and sandwiches with creations that defy the imagination, for all non-restrictive diners. My husband was thrilled with his Granny Brie sandwich; turkey, bacon, brie, Granny Smith apple and more. However, my excitement came from their choice of veggie lovers sandwiches and numerous salad choices. Moreover, they have gluten-free Kaiser and sub rolls as some of your bread choices. I had the Mediterranean sans cheese on their giant GF sub roll, and the combination of warm slices of eggplant and tomato, mixed with other veggies and pesto, was absolutely fantastic! Note; the sub roll was an extra $4 but it was so large I had leftovers for another meal! In full disclosure I did not inquire if the GF rolls were also vegan since most people are clueless about what that means, but if you absolutely must have plant-based I would ask for the innards to be placed on lettuce, or enjoy one of their salads sans meat, etc. PLEASE visit the Country Deli so it is still there when I return to OBX next year! :)

Date of visit: August 2018