“Great spot for breakfast ”

Stack 'em High Pancakes
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a family owned and operated breakfast restaurant celebrating our 35th season. We offer traditional breakfast fare such as Belgian waffles, buttermilk pancakes, french toast, eggs and omelettes with homemade specialties like Grateful Granola and Monster Biscuits. We proudly serve our own special blend of Morningview Coffee roasted locally in Nags Head. Our friendly staff welcome you to join us for breakfast seven days a week from March to November. See you at the 9 milepost in Kill Devil Hills!
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The food was freshly cooked. The service was great. Came out in good time and kept my cup of joe full. I didn’t feel rushed either. I wanna come back and get some topped pani-cakes or a waffle……maybe some French toast.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Just go there! It's well worth the wait. Pancakes are awesome, the smothered hash browns are to kill for and the whole atmosphere is wonderful. Best breakfast/brunch place I've been in a while.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

So about 5 years ago, we went to Stack ‘em high for the first time. It was about 14 mins until they close and they treated us like family. Ever since that visit, we make it a point to wait and eat breakfast when we arrive on day trips at this place. The line is always out the door, today it was around the corner. That is the only reason for not giving this place 5 stars, the layout could be better, but that could mean a temporary shut down for remodel.
My husband always gets chocolate- banana pancakes with eggs and bacon. I usually get the Super G breakfast wrap. Today I went for the Spanish omelette, doing weight watchers and I didn’t want to go crazy. The omelette was amazing, I wasn’t disappointed.
It is a must try. The biggest thing is to expect to wait and if you have a big party, they will accommodate, just make sure everyone is in line together because there is no saving seats, especially on the weekend.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Cafeteria style dining. LONG lines after 9:00 am. If you go when they open, there are no lines at all. Food was average. I don't think it is worth sitting in a line for an hour for breakfast. Staff is very helpful.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

This is cafeteria style, stand in line, order, drinks, etc. Don't fret, the line moves fast and the folks have everything under control. Wait staff was fine. The food was good, not outstanding. Hubby and I spent about $30 for two breakfasts, juice and coffee. We ate at both locations, but this one far surpassed the other one. I would eat here again.