“Delicious food and great staff!”
Review of Kill Devil Grill

Kill Devil Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We loved the Kill Devil Grill. From salads to sandwiches to pasta, everything was amazing! We will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,015)

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This was my first time to OBX so I tried to figure out where to eat based on reviews on TripAdvisor. This place had great reviews and had close proximity to hotel. I ate here with my teenaged son, daughter and boyfriend. There was a very long wait and even longer than they said, so be prepared for that. We were pretty hungry when we walked the 2 blocks from the Ramada Inn and didn't expect that, so plan accordingly. But we made the most of waiting and my son enjoyed the tavern type game out front of trying to get a ring on a rope onto a hook on a pole. The atmosphere is loud and chaotic. Again, be prepared for that if you don't care for that type of atmosphere. My daughter found it a little much for her, but not too much that she didn't want to eat there. Our waitress Jessica was super nice, attentive, and easily accessible. I got the crap cakes which were awesome, mostly crab meat. My son got the ribs which he said were a little dry. My daughter and boyfriend got the burger and fries which they said were very good. I had some fries and indeed they were excellent. They got dessert and they were all super delicious. I ate some of each of theirs. Lol. Root beer float, strawberry shortcake and apple crisp. I do highly recommend and I will definitely go back when we go to OBX again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The food is decent. Nothing fancy but always consistently good. Crowded at times. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. Everyone works together. Love it for lunch.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Would give 2 stars for atmosphere, 5 for service, and 3 for food.

Atmosphere - noisy and busy. Very diner like with kitchen noise and it was loud in dining area.

Service - Excellent. The server explained the daily specials, was very prompt with drinks and refills. Food was served hot and presented well.

Food - we ordered the special with Red Drum and oysters. It was fine. Fish was very good, oysters were as expected. Served with rice and Cole slaw.

Overall it was nice but after reading reviews maybe I expected something better. May be good for lunch, but for dinner it was no better than many other places.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

It was a great recommendation by locals we talked to and they were absolutely right. Fresh fish, great drinks and an atmosphere that couldn't be beat. Treat yourself when youre in the area.