“Long wait, great food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Friday night wait was over an hour, but the food was fantastic. Key lime pie was also amazing. Blackened cobia, perfectly cooked shrimp, fried oysters, seared scallops! Grits! KDG does it right.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We went along with the other recommendations and tried the cheesesteak egg rolls. Yes they were very good. Also had key lime pie. It too was delicious. My husband had the pork chop which he loved and I the blackened grouper sandwich. Terrific. Very fresh. It was very crowed and folks were happily waiting. We cut our hour wait to zero by eating at the counter (1st come 1st served). Service was great and staff very friendly and accommodating. Easy to see why it's a local favorite!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Servers were very attentive, I had their special blackened Wahoo which was cook perfectly with pineapple salsa and mashed potato. Our daughter's burger was cooked perfectly as was my wife's fried Amberjack sandwich. Another great meal at KDG.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Kill Devil Grill was recommended to us by a local woman and I am so glad it was because we otherwise never would have discovered it. We were told it gets super busy for dinner- it's not a very big place- so we went for lunch. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table (around 1 pm) which was very reasonable. And it was worth it! Everything was amazing, from the food to the service. We started with a bowl of the fish stew which was delicious. My husband got the grilled tuna sandwich which was one of the daily specials and he said it was the best tuna sandwich he had ever had. I ordered the salmon salad which was awesome as well. My son got chicken tenders and they were actual pieces of fresh chicken with homemade breading, not the frozen processed crap other restaurants serve. We didn't order dessert but I was told their key lime pie is to die for. Next time we visit OBX, we will definitely be returning to Kill Devil Grill!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great atmosphere. we had an excellent server. Kids liked their food. My Tuna steak sandwich could have used some more seasoning and savory. 5/5 for server and 3/5 for food.