“Always a great meal at KDG.”
Review of Kill Devil Grill

Kill Devil Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Servers were very attentive, I had their special blackened Wahoo which was cook perfectly with pineapple salsa and mashed potato. Our daughter's burger was cooked perfectly as was my wife's fried Amberjack sandwich. Another great meal at KDG.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,002)

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Kill Devil Grill was recommended to us by a local woman and I am so glad it was because we otherwise never would have discovered it. We were told it gets super busy for dinner- it's not a very big place- so we went for lunch. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table (around 1 pm) which was very reasonable. And it was worth it! Everything was amazing, from the food to the service. We started with a bowl of the fish stew which was delicious. My husband got the grilled tuna sandwich which was one of the daily specials and he said it was the best tuna sandwich he had ever had. I ordered the salmon salad which was awesome as well. My son got chicken tenders and they were actual pieces of fresh chicken with homemade breading, not the frozen processed crap other restaurants serve. We didn't order dessert but I was told their key lime pie is to die for. Next time we visit OBX, we will definitely be returning to Kill Devil Grill!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great atmosphere. we had an excellent server. Kids liked their food. My Tuna steak sandwich could have used some more seasoning and savory. 5/5 for server and 3/5 for food.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This place looks like a diner. If you judge the book by its cover you would not select this place for dinner. On the recommendation of locals we tried the place and loved it. Menu has a variety of choices and will meet most peoples palate.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Kill Devil Grill has a reputation among locals and visitors alike for excellent food. New Specials every day. Amazing Salads, Seafood Dishes, and their Fried Chicken is legendary!! If you have room, try one of their desserts -- so good! The wait is usually long (not a lot of seating or parking) but totally worth it!!