US$187
QualityInn
Outer Banks Inn(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$152
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn(Kill Devil Hills)
US$225
US$178
Comfort Inn On The Ocean(Kill Devil Hills)
US$189
US$184
US$242
US$253
US$239
Shutters On the Banks(Kill Devil Hills)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$240
US$304
US$282
Driftin' Sands Motel(Kill Devil Hills)
US$204
1,364 results
All reviewshot apple ciderthe outer bankswafflessecond floorroom was cleanfront porchrooms are smallshort walk to the beachoff seasoncontinental breakfastocean viewthe wright brothersgreat beachadirondack chairsolder hotelno elevatorgreat place to stay
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Perfekt Staycation next to the beach. Good service, nice and clean room and pool. The breakfast and snack in the afternoon were good. The short walk to the beach is amazing. Only a few steps to paradise...

Stayed: May 2018
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn Oceanfront on the Outer Banks. We are so happy that you found the room "nice and clean" during your stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast and afternoon refreshments. Hopefully we will see you again another time - please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed 2 nights for a business trip in May. It looked older from the outside but was nice inside. The lobby had a cute charm to it, with nightly snacks and free breakfast. My room was upgraded to a suite and I had tons of room. I would definatly stay again!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so happy that you would "definitely stay again" at our Days Inn Oceanfront on the Outer Banks. We appreciate your kind comments about your stay and hopefully you will be able to "stay again" soon! When you are able to return, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed 21 May 2018

My wife and I planned to spend an entire week here but the weather did not cooperate so we only stayed for one night. However, I will say that this family style motel was really an unexpected pleasure.

Arrival was handled efficiently and with a smile. Our room was 2nd floor facing the dunes and ocean with Adirondack chairs facing east. Nice sized room with a large screen TV with more channels that I get at home. Serviceable bathroom and excellent A/C unit. It's not the Ritz and it doesn't pretend to be. The cost for this room is almost $100 more than one facing the parking lot.

The pool was not open. They have popcorn and cookies available in the late afternoon. Morning buffet was perfect. Lots of coffee to start the day off. Employees of the motel were very friendly and greeted each question with a sincere effort to provide a suitable answer.

There really is nothing in walking distance. We brought food and drinks that fit nicely into the mini-fridge.

To get to the beach, you need to walk at least 100 yards through the dunes and across the sand to get close to the surf. Sand was smooth and clean

When we checked out, the process was smooth. If I ever have to be in the Outer Banks again, I would gladly stay here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the fact that if you were to travel to the Outer Banks again in the future that you would "gladly" stay at our Days Inn Oceanfront. We thank you for your comments concerning the room and our staff as well. Hopefully you will be able to return in the future when the weather is more co-operative (and our pool has since opened for the season). If you are able to return, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you, Tonia

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

If your looking for a shiney polished entrance way with automatic glass doors and valet parking, this is not it. This hotel was built in 1939 and that lobby has been kept up and is in use now. Price point here is lower than the Hilton's and others. There are only 4 rooms on the 2nd floor that have a chance at an ocean view over the barrier dune 230, 232, 234, 236. They do have some cottages on either side of the actual hotel for rent that have a view.
The rooms are small as is the bathroom but are updated and clean. The pool is large and detached from the hotel. The short walk to the beach is a major plus here and with no nearby public beach access areas there is no crowding. Sunrise on the beach here is amazing.
The breakfast is a step up from the one normally served at a Hampton/Holiday Inn. And the sausage patties are great! As a gold Hilton Honors charter member we opted to try another hotel location this trip to OBX and stayed 3 nights here and would return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikesxpress

Thank you for coming to the Outer Banks - we are so happy that you "would return" to our Days Inn Oceanfront though you are a member of another chain's points program. We appreciate all of the lovely comments you made concerning our property and your stay with us. We do hope you will be able to return to the Outer Banks in the future and please feel free to contact me and I would be very happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you so much, Tonia

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Average older beach hotel room. Manager needs to go! Left room later In day so went to lobby to request the room be refreshed while we were gone. Manager was not using her listening ears and completely checked us out. Only been there 1 night of 6 night stay. When I told her we were staying and just wanted housekeeping sent to our room she processed credit card again. $600 room now cost $1,200 because refund wasn’t processes through bank immediately but new charge was. Spent most of our vacation day fixing between hotel and bank. Was only given $50 credit for trouble!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

We appreciate your coming and staying with us at the hotel. I am sorry for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. When we were advised that you wished to have housekeeping service for your room by the other party in your room, the way in which it was said was misunderstood and was understood to mean that you had to check out early - which caused the confusion. We did immediately work to fix the issue which was held up at the time by your banking establishment. The funds were released by us immediately through our processor, but unfortunately it does take guest's individual banks different amounts of times to release the authorizations - some may do it immediately and some may take a few days. We are sorry for the confusion and immediately worked to fix the issue on our end during your stay. We do hope that otherwise you did enjoy the rest of your 6 night stay with us. Thank you, Tonia