“Get away ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Had a pleasant time at this establishment. Everyone was so friendly and genuine. Risotto was a bit on the salty side as were the sweet potato fries. But the fries were excellent. Beautiful people. Perfect quantity of food. Get what you pay for. Not quite one and done. Still want to try fried green tomato and shrimp and grits.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended, so it sounded like a great dining option. We were not disappointed in anyway!

The menu was unique & pretty varied. The prices for the entrees were a little high, but there were many lower priced dinner options.

We both enjoyed a salad to start. We had the chopped salad & Grilled peach salad. Both were wonderful, fresh & flavorful. Some salads are available in 2 sizes and can have a protein added.

I had the vegetable plate which had great variety. Each item I tried was excellent. I had the Visalia Pie, cornbread, the slaw & eggplant fries. Every item was great. Enjoyed it all, but the eggplant fries was my favorite because it was light, not greasy and had great flavor. My husband ordered the quiche of the day. It was blue cheese & bacon. It was a generous portion and was excellent. His sides was the spinach & garlic and cucumbers & onions. Both sides were also excellent.

Our only complaint was the chairs are all metal and not comfortable. I can’t imagine how we would have felt if we were sitting there visiting with a group for any amount of time. We highly recommend you give Southern Roots a try. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I'm traveling 4 times a year in Greensboro. It was the fist time last week that I went to that restaurant. I was really surprised by the quality of the menu and the freshness of the fish and vegetables. It a great restaurant for foodies like me. I will recommend to share appetizers if your not alone. The choice is great and so yummy. I will bring people on my next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I visited for the first time with my mother and grandmother when they visited me at school. Their food was very fresh, they even specially made my mother cocktail sauce for her fried oysters (both were tasty). I ordered a sandwich called the Hill, it was delicious. The server was incredibly friendly despite the fact we came when they were setting up for dinner. Definitely a place to take your friends and family visiting students at HPU!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Our family ate dinner here to celebrate my son's birthday. Food was delicious and our waitress was attentive. The problem is it was so loud you could not understand what the person next to you was saying. Probably will not go back for that reason alone.