“wha'ts new...NU Asian Bistro”

NU Asian Bistro Sushi & Bar
Ranked #33 of 275 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Our daughter recommended this place, so we all went and had a great time. Atmosphere was phenomenal, decor was clean, deep dark wood features and excellent tile work on the walls. It may look small, but this place is huge. It has a large bar, so I expect friday and weekend nights are jammed pack with folks. They offer Sushi of course and other fine asian meals. One of my guest had a very sensitive stomach on this particular day and the restaurant was able to accommodate with a steamed dish and light on the sauce. I had the drunken noodles and OMG it was delicious. It was hot, and spicy, but not flamethrower hot, but I'm sure if you need to burn out your tastebuds, they would hook & ladder you up! Our table also ordered up two of the exploratory sushi samplers and I have to say that was some of the best sushi we've had in a long time. It's made right there which is great entertainment for the kids young and old. Speaking of young, they have meals for the little ones, both american fare and asian tastes. Prices are very reasonable, the sushi samplers and all that were very affordable as well as the rest of the meal. They have good drinks that are $ expensive, six and up for cocktails, happy hour beer domestic and import for cheaper. If you have a hankering for sushi def give this place a taste.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The poor girl who was our server didn't have a clue and that would be management's fault. I had a lunch Bento box. The tempura vegetables would have been great, but were placed on wet lettuce, so I had to pull off the bottom layer. The sushi had brown avocado and was from yesterday I feel sure. I had hot tea, had to ask for sugar and a spoon. Also I had to ask for salt - really why in the world would you ASSUME nobody ever needs salt? There was none on any table. My husband's dish, Thai steak and rice looked nice but was tasteless. We won't be back.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for great asian food and amazing sushi, then go to BLUE ASIA in Wilmington, NC.
My husband and I dined here this afternoon and we were extremely disappointed. Let me state that we were vegan only options and they couldn't get that right. Our server (Amber was a nice young lady) but she isn't familiar with the different items on the menu or the ingredients. I don't expect you to know everything but as far as the basic....what veggies are served with this dish, can the rice be prepared without egg.... ect.
Both of our meals were bad along with horrible presentation; it was brought to the table with no care for presentation. It actually looked like slop . My husband actually sent his (Veggie Pad Thai that only had been onions..... where were the veggies???) back and that's a shock be he will eat things just not to cause an issue. Our veggie rolls weren't good (how do you mess up veggie rolls) avocado roll, tempura asparagus roll and a tempura sweet potato roll. It wasn't fresh, small and the tempura rolls were sloppy.
We won't return, we won't recommend and we will definitely continue to dine at BLUE ASIA in Wilmington!!!!!
(THEY HAVE ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI AND ROLLS).. I didn't take photos because noting was worth photographing....

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We've eaten here several times and the food is good - sushi, tempura, teriyaki. The service is usually average to poor whether its 4 of us or 10 so we were very surprised to have the large added surcharge.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This is not a fancy Japanese steakhouse where they cook in front of you. It's a casual Japanese eatery. The food was excellent and had a great atmosphere. Would recommend.