“WOW!!”
Review of Mission Bbq

Mission Bbq
Ranked #1 of 274 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect. Hadn't been impressed with the BBQ in the area so far. When you walk in you can get a free sampler to see which of their meat you like the best. There were four of us and we all agreed the samples made it even harder to choose because they were all that good. The smoked turkey was juicy and smoked to a tee. I had the brisket pulled pork combo with collards and cornbread. Everyone else had the brisket sandwich. The cornbread was also very good. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The food is absolutely amazing. WelI seasoned and delicious. Unfortunately there aren't many choices for vegan or vegetarians, but a person could get by with the delicious sides. I absolutely love that everyday at noon, everyone stops what they are doing and partake in singing the National Anthem in honor of all of our military personnel. I highly recommend visiting if you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

I’m a Kansas City, MO native and we take bbq pretty seriously around those parts. Mission is pretty good, on their sandwiches there meet to bread ratio is a little off. They offer a wide variety of sauces and their fries are delicious!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Finally got to Mission BBQ on my visit to Jacksonville today. I really liked all the photos and patches. Tables were big and inviting.

I don’t like brisket but decided to give it a try, anyway. It was OK, I’m just not a brisket kind of guy. Had a bite of pulled pork that was excellent, as was the mac and cheese.

The Black Plate special was prime rib, wish I had gone in that direction.

I will be back!!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

This place is a must when you visit Jacksonville. The prices are competitive and portions are more than decent. The taste of the brisket is amazing and the customer service provided is truly admirable. I would recommend this place anytime you are near the area.