“Great casual date-night spot”
Review of Marina Cafe

Marina Cafe
Ranked #16 of 287 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 June 2017

My husband and I went to the Marina for dinner last night (a Friday) for dinner. This was my first dinning experience there. I ordered a Bloody Mary and the grilled Mahi Mahi with veggies and potatoes. It was absolutely wonderful and the Bloody Mary was so tasty! My husband had iced tea, fried oysters and Longboard Burger with fries. He said the oysters were awesome; not over cooked at all like so many other places; still juicy inside. The burger was med-rare, just how he likes it. Besides our food being excellent, I want to mention the service and the mood of the staff. Everyone seemed "genuinely happy" to be there. Nobody running around looking like they'd just sucked a lemon. Specifically, our server, Kaylin (sp?), was the best ever! Her attitude was uplifting and genuine. We felt she enjoyed serving us and this was exactly where she wanted to be. We will definitely go back!! To vegetarians, I did not look for a vegetarian selection, but you could put together a tasty dinner, but could be limited, but I am not sure.

2  Thank Joanne W

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Stopped in to try this place out. My wife and I both had seafood. I had a combo plate and the wife had the crab cakes... She didn't really care for the crab cakes, she felt there was too much filler and not enough crab meat. My combo dinner was warm, and kind of bland... The clams were good, the shrimp were small and tasted "shrimpy"... not too fresh... overall, it was an average meal. Noting special here. Thought that as it was right on the water that it would have been better... nah... maybe the regular cook was out... don't know, we just expected a little more.. won't go again... was a bit pricey for the quality and amount of food.

3  Thank RichardP5378
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Very family friendly, all are welcome...locals, travelers, casual drive by. Wait staff were efficient, knowledgeable, extremely friendly.
Food was excellent. My sister and I shared the hot crab dip served with toast points, a Greek salad and chocolate mousse pie that was to die for. Good selection of draft and bottle beers. Outside seating. Excellent place to unwind, relax and enjoy family and friends.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I love going in the evening with friends, enjoying a couple drinks and the CRAB DIP is my favorite! I take family here any and every time they come to visit, I've never had a complaint. Always have great service and great food!

1  Thank NatalieMarie07
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My wife, daughter, and another couple (friends) we went here after a day on the beach. The exterior looks rough, but once you walk inside. The atmosphere is excellent new tables & chairs. Dockside outside dinning. The staff were; patient, knowledgable, kind, FRIENDLY, just plain awsome!!!...
The food was excellent I had the best shrimp Jambalya, and everyone, enjoyed their food main entries, as well as appetizers.
Now the price will shock you for 5 main entries, 3. appetizers, and teas, sodas, tax was only $106.oo
I just can't say enough about how EXCELLENT and friendly the staff are, and how delicious the food is.
One more thing I need to mention they also offer boat rides all day and sunset cruise at very reasonable prices.

2  Thank tikoy10