“Good Mess Hall Lunch”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Mess Hall Cutie and I had Lunch at a chain restaurant which we usually avoid, However, pleasantly surprised with the food quality, quantity and price. I had the Southern Fried Catfish, Sweet Potato and a house salad($9.99). The fish was nicely fried with a southern cornmeal base batter, the gigantic sweet potato was perfectly baked with butter and brown sugar and the house salad with fresh greens. Cutie had the mesquite chicken over salad. The chicken was moist and flavorful. Salad greens were fresh and crispy($9.99). The complimentary bucket of boiled/salted shell on peanuts were fun to snack on waiting for our food. Every table had one with all patrons throwing the empty shells off the table/booth to the floor. Wait staff were attentive to our refilling water and soda glasses and clearing table of empty dishes.Military mess hall food never tasted like this except at Christmas or Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was close to the hotel I was staying so thought I would get some steak for dinner. The service was good. The meal not so much. I ordered a sirloin but the cut of meat I received was extremely tough. The picture attached actually looks better than it tasted. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Every time I come to Jacksonville I eat at Logan’s. They have as good of ribs as anywhere you will ever find. I get my 1/2 rack of ribs with fries and baked apples. Service is generally really good. Plenty of parking. For those needing a large gathering room they do have that. Lots of great reasons to eat here.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Food was good. I would compare it to a Texas Roadhouse... we were not disappointed but it was almost identical to a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant. Even the Yee Haw birthday greeting was almost identical. Nothing really separating it from that. We were not dissapointed... it was good. But I kinda missed that Texas Roadhouse flare. No cinnamon butter on bread... but still good food and comparably priced.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Service was slow, order incomplete. Even though we went late in the afternoon, the service was not exactly up to par and they forgot part of our order. Because of this, one of our party did not eat with the rest of us and we had to sit and wait after it was served. I thought that staff had more or less a who cares attitude about it. There are many, many other steak places in J'ville where you can get a really good meal for the same price or a bit higher. I would NOT recommend taking your family there.