“Good Service”
Review of Ribeyes Steakhouse

Ribeyes Steakhouse
Ranked #157 of 287 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Description: We cook tender and succulent rib eye steaks. Each steak is served with your choice of sweet potato or regular baked potato or steamed veggies, and Texas toast. We also serve grilled boneless chicken breast, grilled shrimp grilled scallops, grilled pork chop, and grilled salmon or tuna. Our fresh made salad bar may be added to any entree for a small charge. At Ribeyes, we use a very high quality rib eye cut of beef. All of our beef is packed by Omaha Steaks in Omaha, Nebraska. The beef is USDA choice or better and comes from only mid-western grain fed beef. More specifically, the rib eye is hand-cut from a loin when the guest's order is placed. All our rib eye steaks are cut from Angus cattle, which are bred for their superior marbling and texture. All of our beef is aged 21 days for tenderness and flavor and is shipped fresh, never frozen.
Reviewed 4 May 2018

The service was good and the food was good. A little pricey for the serving size, but it was a special occasion so it was worth it. Our waitress was very nice and kept up with making sure we were taken care of.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

No one to meet us at the entrance-we stood there for about 2-3 minutes not knowing if we should seat ourselves or not. Finally a waitress came over and helped us. Nice location and building - but very outdated on the inside.
The “salad bar isn’t really a salad bar, but more a place to make a side salad - not a lot of selection and not recently refilled.
My husband ordered a peck of steamed oysters that were good, but already shucked - served in a plastic plate with dividers.
My husband ordered the trio-6oz steak, 3 grilled shrimp, 3 grilled scallops. Steak was not cooked enough (ordered medium rare, but came out rare), all other food on the plate was luke warm. I ordered the small portion chicken which tasted like it had been cooked with a lot of lighter fluid. All food on my plate was also like warm. The only good part of our entee was the vegetables (which were extra).
Our waitress, Carla, was awesome and was the best part of our experience. We did not complain while we were eating, but when our waitress came to ask we let her know our concerns and she immediately asked what she could do to rectify the problem. We were not looking for anything, just wanted her to know so she could mention it to the staff.
We won’t be back again.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Throughout the evening I was waiting for Gordon Ramsey to pop out of the back and say that the first night was a disaster. First I tried the oyster bar. After waiting about ten minutes for my drink order, I asked if they had Johnny walker scotch, they didn’t. So I opted for a martini. I placed the order and hoped to get some oysters. It took ten minutes for me to order them, and then another ten to get six of the half dozen. Several of the staff went looking for my drink and then it finally showed up. The oysters were tasty and I ordered another drink, that took another ten minutes. So, in one hour I received two drinks and one dozen oysters. I thought perhaps the issue was the oyster bar, a new addition, and if I wanted dinner before midnight I’d better try the main restaurant. Alas, it isn’t any better. Problems I’ve observed are, the staff has no assigned roles, everyone is trying to serve their customers regardless of what or where they need to go. The POS stations have small screens and they seem too crammed with info to easily navigate. I saw many servers huddled ones one terminal trying to enter information. I overheard several times where entire bills had to be rerun. When I got my 8oz medium rare ribeye, it was barely 3/8 inches thick, how can you cook a steak that thin to medium rare? Parts of the steak were 1/4 inch thick. Send it back? I’ve already spent 2.75 hrs here in this chaos and want to leave. I understand this place was recently renovated, I can’t see it, you cannot have designed a better layout for failure. Too bad, everyone is trying so hard, they’ve just been given insufficient trading in a poorly laid out workspace. The potato was good.

1  Thank questcarlin
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Took my wife to Ribeyes Steakhouse for dinner with friends on Saturday night. was surprised to see that they had a newly open oyster bar. Gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. We ordered a 1/2 Peck of oysters and they were good. The waiter that we had was very good and had a very pleasant attitude we will be back for sure. I also tried the scallops and they were very good and they have Blue moon beer on tap.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

2nd customer for dinner service with my 82 year old mother . Was seated in a booth banquette where the cushions had been removed. Hurt my back as I sat since I expected the cushions which are missing. Carla, our waiter sat us at a table. I asked for the manager. A lady approached our table and began leaning on my mother's chair. After she didn't identify who she was, I asked her who she was and could I helo her (or get her the hell off of my mother's chair). She identified herself and I explained I had been hurt sitting on the black plywood. "I am sorry, Henry (who is this) removed the cushions and we don't know where he put them." Ma'am, I have a bad back and hurt myself. "Well Henry took the...(more indifference) Ma'am, I do not know who "Henry" is, I am a customer. You have staff (only 2 customers), how about finding them and replacing them.

Awaiting beverage service, the other waitress (young brunette) begins working on her complexion of her face - popping zits - in the mirror in the bar area in front of me.

1st customer for dinner service has an elderly man who hurt also hurt his back on banquette. Owner "It's fine sir". Customer, I am not fine.

The dozen oysters arrive. Horseradish and tobasco please? Carla arrives with Texas Pete. We do not have tobasco. Guess they make bloody Mary's with Texas Pete.

Order

1 skewer grilled shrimp, baked potato.

10 oz Ribeye, medium rare bakes sweet potato, steamed veggies. (Steak touted as 21 day dry aged fresh cut Omaha Steaks) Upcharge for 2nd side item. Carla confirms, cool red center? Yes ma'am.

Men's Restroom - Urine puddles at urinals (I was the first dinner service to use), trash overflowing onto floor. Manager having animated discussion with 6-8 service staff in customer area over staff assignments with male staff. I step into the knot of employees and wait for her to acknowledge me. This is dinner service yes? Yes she replies. Dinner service just began, yes? Yes. You have urine puddles and overflowing trash in the men's room. Why? Blank look. You are the manager yes? Sir I am an owner and will handle it. Riiiiiight. Right along with the dirty carpets with trash, food debris and detritis next to my table.

Dinner service

Skewer of shrimp - served cold, tough, only one of the five spiced. Mom has difficulty removing shrimp from skewer due to toughness. Cold baked potato. Mom's black coffee os warm, not hot. Grilled piece of dry white SANDWICH BREAD.

10 oz Ribeye, beyond well done, tough, very salty (moreso than the oysters) over spiced (granular spice throughout my mouth), cold. You get a better quality steak at Waffle House. Baked sweet potato cool, will not melt butter. Sliced steak in center, equally over done. Refused the meal, asked Carla to show it to the owner and remove from my bill. Declined to accept refire. Grilled piece of dry white SANDWICH BREAD. This was NOT 21 dry aged, grade A USDA beef, period.

As I paid the check, asked if the owner saw my steak. Yes, she is busy working "an issue". She never appeared.

Additional items, standing water on the wood floor above the steps. Exterior extension cord draped down a wall in upper bar area. Lovely view of cases of paper towels stored on exposed beam in customer area and storage bin on exposed beam above hostess station. My waitress had to go change out a beer keg. Beyond the bar tenders skills I guess. Wished the 4 some who seated next to us good luck.

Quotes from Mom

The other timed things were wonderful, this is horrible.

This food is terrible.

This is the worst meal I have had this year.

I am sorry, it was a mistake to come here, I will never come back.

#kitchennightmare. #worstmeal #terriblefood

Gordon Ramsay pass on this one.

2  Thank PW553