“New Oyster bar open”
Review of Ribeyes Steakhouse

Ribeyes Steakhouse
Ranked #157 of 287 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Description: We cook tender and succulent rib eye steaks. Each steak is served with your choice of sweet potato or regular baked potato or steamed veggies, and Texas toast. We also serve grilled boneless chicken breast, grilled shrimp grilled scallops, grilled pork chop, and grilled salmon or tuna. Our fresh made salad bar may be added to any entree for a small charge. At Ribeyes, we use a very high quality rib eye cut of beef. All of our beef is packed by Omaha Steaks in Omaha, Nebraska. The beef is USDA choice or better and comes from only mid-western grain fed beef. More specifically, the rib eye is hand-cut from a loin when the guest's order is placed. All our rib eye steaks are cut from Angus cattle, which are bred for their superior marbling and texture. All of our beef is aged 21 days for tenderness and flavor and is shipped fresh, never frozen.
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Took my wife to Ribeyes Steakhouse for dinner with friends on Saturday night. was surprised to see that they had a newly open oyster bar. Gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. We ordered a 1/2 Peck of oysters and they were good. The waiter that we had was very good and had a very pleasant attitude we will be back for sure. I also tried the scallops and they were very good and they have Blue moon beer on tap.

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

2nd customer for dinner service with my 82 year old mother . Was seated in a booth banquette where the cushions had been removed. Hurt my back as I sat since I expected the cushions which are missing. Carla, our waiter sat us at a table. I asked for the manager. A lady approached our table and began leaning on my mother's chair. After she didn't identify who she was, I asked her who she was and could I helo her (or get her the hell off of my mother's chair). She identified herself and I explained I had been hurt sitting on the black plywood. "I am sorry, Henry (who is this) removed the cushions and we don't know where he put them." Ma'am, I have a bad back and hurt myself. "Well Henry took the...(more indifference) Ma'am, I do not know who "Henry" is, I am a customer. You have staff (only 2 customers), how about finding them and replacing them.

Awaiting beverage service, the other waitress (young brunette) begins working on her complexion of her face - popping zits - in the mirror in the bar area in front of me.

1st customer for dinner service has an elderly man who hurt also hurt his back on banquette. Owner "It's fine sir". Customer, I am not fine.

The dozen oysters arrive. Horseradish and tobasco please? Carla arrives with Texas Pete. We do not have tobasco. Guess they make bloody Mary's with Texas Pete.

Order

1 skewer grilled shrimp, baked potato.

10 oz Ribeye, medium rare bakes sweet potato, steamed veggies. (Steak touted as 21 day dry aged fresh cut Omaha Steaks) Upcharge for 2nd side item. Carla confirms, cool red center? Yes ma'am.

Men's Restroom - Urine puddles at urinals (I was the first dinner service to use), trash overflowing onto floor. Manager having animated discussion with 6-8 service staff in customer area over staff assignments with male staff. I step into the knot of employees and wait for her to acknowledge me. This is dinner service yes? Yes she replies. Dinner service just began, yes? Yes. You have urine puddles and overflowing trash in the men's room. Why? Blank look. You are the manager yes? Sir I am an owner and will handle it. Riiiiiight. Right along with the dirty carpets with trash, food debris and detritis next to my table.

Dinner service

Skewer of shrimp - served cold, tough, only one of the five spiced. Mom has difficulty removing shrimp from skewer due to toughness. Cold baked potato. Mom's black coffee os warm, not hot. Grilled piece of dry white SANDWICH BREAD.

10 oz Ribeye, beyond well done, tough, very salty (moreso than the oysters) over spiced (granular spice throughout my mouth), cold. You get a better quality steak at Waffle House. Baked sweet potato cool, will not melt butter. Sliced steak in center, equally over done. Refused the meal, asked Carla to show it to the owner and remove from my bill. Declined to accept refire. Grilled piece of dry white SANDWICH BREAD. This was NOT 21 dry aged, grade A USDA beef, period.

As I paid the check, asked if the owner saw my steak. Yes, she is busy working "an issue". She never appeared.

Additional items, standing water on the wood floor above the steps. Exterior extension cord draped down a wall in upper bar area. Lovely view of cases of paper towels stored on exposed beam in customer area and storage bin on exposed beam above hostess station. My waitress had to go change out a beer keg. Beyond the bar tenders skills I guess. Wished the 4 some who seated next to us good luck.

Quotes from Mom

The other timed things were wonderful, this is horrible.

This food is terrible.

This is the worst meal I have had this year.

I am sorry, it was a mistake to come here, I will never come back.

#kitchennightmare. #worstmeal #terriblefood

Gordon Ramsay pass on this one.

2  Thank PW553
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited Ribeyes and found the food and service to be very good. The grilled rare tuna appetizer was excellent. Steaks and pork chips were well seasoned and cooked perfectly. The salad bar was adequate. Our waitress went over and above to accommodate us. She even sent us out with ice water to go because my wife had made a comment on how good their water was.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The decor for a new restaurant is the same as the last three restaurants that have been here. The steak was good but nothing special with very few options. The mixed vegetables tasted like they came out of a freezer bag into a microwave. Our waitress was very nice and service was fast.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Located in the old Sharpshooters building, this restaurant is conveniently located within walking distance of many local hotels. Atmosphere was good, service was very good. Menu is a little limited and somewhat overpriced for this area. Early Bird special listed outside the building was very misleading, unless you only wanted a salad, one side and a slice of bread.