“Not sure why this is listed as Holly Ridge since it really is in Surf City”
Review of McDonald's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Description: Come visit us at 13481 NC Hwy 50 in Surf City. McDonald's is proud to have become one of the world's leading food service brands with more than 36,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Whether you're looking to start your day with a McCafé® coffee or enjoy a mouthwatering Big Mac®, McDonald's has a meal waiting for you. For deals, mobile ordering or nutrition information, download and register on the McDonald's App today!
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We have been here several times and no matter what time of day we go or what day of the week it is, we have to wait. On Memorial Day, we went in prior to 12:00 noon so we could beat the lunch rush. We ordered a Big Mac meal, Double cheeseburger meal and a 10 piece chicken mcnugget. When we had to wait, again, we thought, "at least our food will be fresh and hot." The only thing fresh was the Big Mac. I don't know when they made the Double cheeseburger but it had been sitting around a while! Dried up looking and tasting. The fries were even old. How do you have old fries prior to noon! Unacceptable and disappointing. For them to have as many workers as they do, I don't know how this keeps happening. They apparently don't know what they are doing.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Good location on way to beach. Store is like most McDonald's. Drive through is slow at times even when not crowded

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I have been in the area long enough to know that the staff is short-handed, but the service is friendly, and the food is always hot.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

Yes - its super fast and a great place to stop before you go to your rental. Convenient for off road entrance and exits. The breakfast specials are our favorite when wanting to save every minute for something other than cooking-they have some healthier options as well. Never been greasy-almost always super hot fries and great soft drinks. For a real morning treat try their hot coffees such as the choco mocha-yummy.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I gave 2 stars for the food tasting like any other McDonald's, which is expected. Customer service is far below par. If my order has ever been right, if my food wasn't thrown at me twice in my car and eyes weren't rolled when I ask for a cup holder, if when I'm ordering they don't immediately ask me after each meal, if they didn't say the screen shows your order is correct then leave it up for 2 seconds, they'd have more stars.