Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,547 results
All reviews falls cottages old edwards hummingbird lounge wine garden fitness center glass of champagne rose petals steam room top notch heated floors couples massage my husband and i screened porch old world charm dove ice cream bars special occasion turn down service
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our third anniversary here. The Inn helped make it a very special occasion. The pool at the lodge was romantic and quiet. The room was excellent. The staff was very responsive even before being asked. Nearby shopping and restaurants were within walking distance. Did not sample the spa

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We spent more on a room here than we normally would (to celebrate our anniversary) and it was worth every penny. They made us feel special from the minute we checked in with the champagne greeting. They even had gluten-free cookies in our room because I mentioned my allergy when I made a reservation at Madison’s (which I highly recommend!). As we sat on our porch during turndown service, they left a small bottle of champagne and rose petals on the bed. The room was amazing. The linens were perfection (including the towels)! Heated floors in the bathroom were indulgent and appreciated. All this — and it is in the midst of the most beautiful scenery. You will not regret staying here!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel with my mom. We love small, charming hotels with great spas, so we decided to give OEI a go from all of the great reviews.

SERVICE - Second to none.
FOOD - Everything was delicious except one fish dish at Madison's, which was a tad salty. But other than that, divine. Make sure you go to the Wine Garden for lunch or dinner. Such a pretty outdoor atmosphere and a fantastic pulled pork sandwich.
ROOM/GROUNDS - We stayed in Rm 104 above the lobby. It was great. One large bed, bathroom, sitting room, everything that we needed. Outdoor deck area as well overlooking the trees. One gripe though - my mom and I mistakenly checked into the inn instead of the lodge where our rooms were and had to repark in another area. I wasnt notified of this by phone, but it possibly was in the confirmation email and I overlooked it. No big deal, though.
SPA - Get the ashiatsu massage with Kyra. Absolutely amazing if you like a really deep massage. The meditation rooms were wonderful with great views and a tranquil fountain. I wish the sauna and steam room were a bit larger.

Overall, would definitely visit again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018

We got the last room available over the 4th of July and were not disappointed. We stayed in room 3504, in the Falls Cottages, which was super private and quiet. In addition to the pretty room with a super comfy bed and large bathroom with heated floors we had a porch with a table and a sitting area. We opened the windows on the porch and left them open the whole time to get the cool mountain breezes. We also had a lovely private sitting area/tiny little yard with chairs and a table where we shared a glass of wine before dinner and watched the fireflies once the sunset. We loved the champagne and sip and stroll tour we got upon arrival. We enjoyed watching the fireworks on the lawn on the 4th of July and the popcorn, ice cream bars and lemonade we were offered. The only element that wasn't absolutely perfect was the service speed at the water garden bar and the pool bar, it honestly seemed like the staff to guest ratio was just a little low. Since we were on vacation it wasn't a big deal, but I am sure they would sell more drinks if they were able to fulfill orders faster. Overall, it was an awesome experience and we can't wait to come again.

On our first day we enjoyed the pool before check in, got dinner at the Water Garden restaurant on property and then saw the fireworks on the lawn with live music. It was lovely. The next day we ordered breakfast to our room and ate on our porch, then did the Whiteside Hike as well as Dry Falls and Bridal Veil Falls. We came back and took a nap, and even though you could hear the happy sounds of kids at the pool, we slept well. Then we went back to the pool and then dinner at Wolfgang's, which the concierge set up for us ahead of time. The last day, we had breakfast at Mountain Fresh grocery and a local told us about a great spot for a picnic near the Iron Bridge down a 3 mile dirt road. It was so breathtaking and totally worth the detour.

I was originally torn about whether to stay here or half mile farm, but for our first time to Highlands we loved that the entire town could be explored just by walking from our room to downtown. If you want the perfect romantic getaway and chance to escape the heat, this is it. Gorgeous property in probably the most picture perfect town in the NC mountains.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Such an amazing hotel and spa. We loved everything about it from the complimentary champagne and Dove bars at check in to the meals and gorgeously decorated rooms. The pools were also amazing as were the spa and workout facilities. The resort was fully booked while we were there and yet, we rarely saw other guests. It was so quiet and peaceful.

Downtown Highlands had great shopping. We enjoyed breakfast at the grocery store and dinner at the Italian restaurant just across from the resort. Lots of gorgeous waterfalls within a few minutes drive as well. We can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: May 2018