“Great Cheeseburger served Fast”
Review of The Dog House

The Dog House
Ranked #22 of 303 Restaurants in High Point
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I was in High Point and found the Dog House on Trip Advisor. They are getting ready to celebrate their 75th year in business and I was surprised that I never knew about this great establishment. The servers are very pleasant and professional. My food came out hot and fresh in just a couple of minutes after I placed my order. I had the Double Cheeseburger loaded with slaw, onions and chili. I thought it was very delicious and will be back again. The prices are very reasonable. You have a choice of swivel stool at the counter or booth seating. Right smack on N Main Street with easy parking. They also serve Diet Cheerwine in the cans which is my favorite soft drink. I did not order the fries but they looked fine.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Great chili and when you order there is a language of their own. The bar is great to eat while sitting. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Live in town, go there at least twice each week for hot dogs, burgers or chef salad. Nothing on menu over $5, open Tues-Saturday for lunch only. THE place to be seen, and the most friendly staff in town . . . go twice and they'll remember your name, if you tell them. Lines at lunch, but lots of folks eating and getting out.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Encouraged by the reviews here on TripAdvisor, we decided to have lunch at The Dog House today. It's a cash only establishment and is only open for lunch midday. It is a long, narrow place with 6 booths on your right and the grill and a counter with 10 barstools plus two movable stools on the left. There's a narrow walkway between the counter seats and the booths. It's a bit dark inside and you could easily imagine from a quick look around the surroundings that you had been swept back to the 1950's. Your meal arrives on a piece of paper and there are napkins on the table. I ordered the water to drink and double cheeseburger loaded - that means with mustard, slaw, and chili for $5.25. It was OK but pretty messy to eat without a fork. It was OK. Hubby ordered two hot dogs with chili, onions, and mustard and sweet tea. He liked them and would go back again if he wanted chili dogs. The servers kept our drinks filled. I'm not sure I would return. There are several small and unique places in High Point to get a much better burger than I had today. According to information at the restaurant, The Dog House has been open since 1942 and it is know for "The Hottest Buns In Town". Apparently they also sell t-shirts. Give it a try once, if only for the experience. Maybe you're a chili dog fan like hubby!

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Hands Down, there is no better place to get a hot dog or hamburger in town! The menu is small, the room is small, the taste is HUGE! Only 6-7 booths, maybe 10 seats at the bar. Dog or Burger: Chili, Slaw, Mustard & Onions, a touch of salt, and a Dr. Pepper. All anyone needs! Super fast, smiling service. Open 11:00 am -2:30 pm.