“BETTER THAN KFC EVER THOUGHT OF BEING!!!”

Becky's & Mary's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 303 Restaurants in High Point
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Becky and Mary's restaurant has got to be THE best home cooked food I have ever had other than my mother's.
I had never been to a quote-unquote soul food restaurant before. My boyfriend took me to this little gem of a place I was suspicious at first because there is no sign that says Becky and Mary's. Once in the parking lot, the aroma of the fried chicken had my mouth watering.... I wanted to run through the door.
For $7 and some change you get portion sizes like you would have at home, the collard greens are exceptional and really they are the only ones that I will ever eat ,the chicken is the most tender and flavorful chicken you will ever put in your mouth! The mac and cheese is so delightful and creamy and smooth.
Now for dessert I was introduced to Kool Aid pie and I lost my mind it was so good!!!

Becky and Mary and the whole entire staff treat you like family and I absolutely adore every one of them. It's a great place to visit and I highly recommend that you try this establishment,you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

My husband and I were in High Point for a wedding this past weekend and I got on trip advisor to see what was in town. I found becky's and mary and read some reviews so, we decided to eat here.. Before, we walked in you could smell how delicious our lunch was going to be. The family have owned this restaurant for 43 years! They were so welcoming and made you feel at home . My husband and ours lunch was out of this world. We both had the fried chicken, collared greens. They were the best and so was the potatoe salad and yams. If you love southern cooked food I highly recommend you go eat here!!! The best fried chicken I have ever had......

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

FYI: They only accept CASH at this restaurant...never mind the small inconvenience, b/c the food is SUPERB!

I was so glad to find this place after an unexpected stop in High Point, NC due to car trouble. I ordered the Meat & 2 Veg from Larry, who served up my order with a smile. Since I'm also trying to reduce my sugar intake, Larry kindly mixed my half tea w/ half water.

I was *soooo* tempted to order the banana pudding after my meal, but I was STUFFED w/ meatloaf, collard greens & mac-n-cheese, so I decided to get some pudding at another time.

DEFINITELY give Becky's & Mary's Restaurant a try; you won't regret it!

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I both got the fried chicken. He ordered corn and dressing with his, and I ordered the collard greens. It was all great! The only negative thing I have to say about the restaurant is that either the air conditioning was not working or they didn't have any, so it was rather warm inside.

Everyone there was so friendly, including the person who greeted us, the person who took our order and one of the owners (Mary), who came out with a sample of her chicken dumplings for us to taste. It was also really good.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

I lived in HP for over 10 years and I hadn't heard about this gem of a place until I moved to WS...go figure. Firstly, you get a lot for the money. I paid $7 for chicken wings, yams, and collard greens. Secondly, the food is everything...the seasoning, the flavors, the texture. It's comfort food at it's finest.