“Local favorite for breakfast”
Review of Tom's Place

Tom's Place
Ranked #39 of 288 Restaurants in High Point
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Even though it serves lunch and dinner, Tom's is known for their breakfast. Try the eggs benedict or a waffle with fruit topping. Great service and nice to always see people you know while dining.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We picked this place based on the good ratings, and I prefer to hit a local spot rather than a chain. However, I wished I had gone to the IHOP down the street. We came early enough to get right in. The waitress came over quickly enough, though her attitude could have used a little work. Then the wait began. This wasn’t just about us. The whole side of the restaurant I was on was not being served. One waitress came over to a group and apologized profusely that no one had come over to take their order…she was going to comp their coffee. Another table received the explanation that there was a large group of 16 being served and the other waitresses tables fell to lower priority. No apology or explanation was offered to us. When the food finally came, it was stone cold. My eggs were not cooked the way I preferred. The pancakes were undercooked. There was dried batter on the plate. The sausage scramble was a bit warmer, but poorly executed and tasted like it had been sitting around for awhile. The toast took its time coming and did not include jelly. We had to flag someone down to get the jelly, which I had just noticed another party do. A little later the waitress came over and placed the bill down and walked away without saying a word. No, how is everything. No, do you need anything else. Just silence. When we were leaving there was a pretty big crowd forming to get in. Maybe it was just an off day. I’m not sure, but there were far too many missteps here. On the upside, I rather enjoyed the bacon.

1  Thank tren2no
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Our family has been here several times and it's always good. You might have to wait for a table, but it's worth it! I always get the eggs, bacon, rye toast, grits, and coffee. My husband got an omelet and said it was delicious. My kids got lunch with chicken tenders and fries for one, and a double cheeseburger and fries for the other. There was ample food, and by their empty plates, I think they liked it! The food is yummy and the wait staff friendly and attentive. Can't say enough about Tom's!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

This is truly a place "where everyone knows your name." Excellent breakfast all day, truly the best chicken livers as advertised, and upscale dinner specials. We recently discovered Tom's Place after living in the area for many years. We certainly were pleasantly surprised on our first visit. It was nothing like we expected. Affordable for any meal, great service.

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Tom's has been a popular eating place for many years by the local folks. I mainly eat breakfast there but occasionally have lunch there as well. My fav's are their coffee and their bacon.