“Okay BBQ”

Country BBQ
Ranked #40 of 311 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Okay BBQ at this restaurant, but nothing great. Was not impressed with the fries. Service here was good

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Lots of food--on the floor??? Hush puppies were good but the Q? (pulled pork and chicken) was mediocre. Fries were ok frozen crinkle cuts.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

In town for a wedding and was looking for a place quick to get something to eat. I saw it was right up the street and the person working at the hotel suggested it was a good place to eat and it expensive. I went there and I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door. They all were very friendly, even double checking the ingredients of the bbq slaw to make sure there was no mayonnaise in it since my wife is allergic to egg products. She raved over how good the sandwich was! I got the chicken and ribs combo, which was pretty good and they give you a large portions. Baked beans and potato salad was very good as well. The young girl who waited on me was very nice and talked me into trying their cobbler, they had peach and strawberry. I had the strawberry cobbler with ice cream and it was soooo good. The next time we are back down this way, we will definitely stop in again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat. I especially like their BBQ slaw that adds so much flavor to their NC style BBQ.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Ate at another location (Wendover?) maybe a dozen years ago. Found this one near a business stop. I now remember why I tagged it in my notes. Sliced pork sandwich was excellent! Mac & cheese good. Normally I am take it or leave it on peach cobbler...not here! Definitely a “take it” and WITH ice cream.
Despite a frenzied lunch hour my service was great. I’ll definitely hit it again before I leave town.

Date of visit: February 2018