“Good BBQ and more at reasonable prices”
Review of Country BBQ

Country BBQ
Ranked #36 of 294 Restaurants in High Point
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 20 September 2015

My family has eaten breakfast or dinner here occasionally. The wait staff is always fast and friendly. This location offers dinner plates that include either meat loaf or tenderloin with gravy. Both of these dishes are very good. They used to serve the most delicious red-skinned mashed potatoes until the management decided to start using a different kind (boxed and bland) a couple of years ago. The new mashed potatoes are not good at all. I must say that we very rarely have dinner here since they changed the mashed potatoes. We told several different servers how disappointed we were with the new mashed potatoes and they always just said " Yeah, we know - that's pretty much how everybody feels", but it seems that the management just doesn't care. However, the potato salad, coleslaw, green beans and hush puppies are all okay. They also have good BBQ, chicken tenders, burgers and other sandwich choices. All in all pretty good food at reasonable prices. Just don't get the mashed potatoes - yuck! They do serve a delicious tenderloin biscuit for breakfast - a local favorite.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Found this place from hotel desk attendant. Good BBQ. I hate to say great, only because I'm used to more southern style. But it was good. Tender. And fresh. Sides were good. Definitely fill you up. Carry out. So not sure about atmosphere inside.

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Thought I would give Country BBQ a try for breakfast and was disappointed in the food. I got scrambled eggs, tenderloin and biscuits and gravy. The eggs weren't really scrambled, the biscuit didn't taste home made. Staff was very friendly however Carter Brothers is just down the street and the food is much much better.

1  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I am not a BBQ fan but this is where we ended up for lunch since everyone in my group wanted BBQ, when in Rome....

The place is clean, open and not run down. Seating is pretty much as you want. The waitress was friendly and was there right away. This is a pretty informal place. We ordered our meals upon the recomomdation of the person that took us there. The drinks came out right away and during our time there the waitress was always checking to see if we were okay. The food comes on foam plates with plastic utensils, very informal. I am not a huge fan of BBQ but the chopped pork plate I ordered was good. A little sauce and texas pete and I was eating away. The french fries were well done and the coleslaw with the vinegar was different but good. The hush puppies which are in my book throw away food also tasted good. For the money you get filled up on a decent meal. If I am back in the area I would definitely consider it again.

Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

Well the service was good as was the iced tea. We had the bbq plate and sandwich and both were ok but not stellar. Cole slaw very sweet, crinkle fries like they sell at Safeway. Bow sauce a bit on the sweet side but good mixed with Texas pete. Just had really great bbq yesterday elsewhere so this was a bit of a disappointment.