“Great Value and Great Food!”

Harbor Inn Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 292 Restaurants in Hickory
Reviewed 17 September 2018

If you could add some ambiance or romantic flare to this restaurant it would be perfect. The food is great. The prices are cheap. The service is adequate. We have been here a couple of times while in Hickory for business. They start you off with hush puppies, not the round hard ones either. Their hush puppies are oblong and tender. They have a great taste. The fired fish and shrimp are great as well. We are not fried shrimp people, but it was the best. Very light batter tops off the fried shrimp. We actually loved them. Definitely the best fried shrimp we have EVER had. We also have tried the Shrimp salad and the swordfish in the past. Stick to the fried offerings here would be our recommendations. They seem to be where they excel.

This is a value oriented experience. Honestly if this restaurant had any kind of atmosphere to rave about we would rate it five stars. Alas it does not offer anything special in that area. Still it is a very solid four star offering. WE will return each time we are in the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I had to visit the area to help out my company before the recent hurricane hit. Although I’m not a huge seafood fan, I do like to eat it from time to time. This restaurant had a great selection and a friendly atmosphere. I had ordered the seafood platter. I had more food than I could have eaten in two days. Great food great prices.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

My husband and I stopped in recently to enjoy some good seafood. I had been there before but he had not. He isn't much of a fish eater and definitely not fried fish. He ordered broiled Atlantic White Pollock and I had broiled Trout. We both had a salad. The salad was just the right size, not so large you don't want to eat your meal or can't finish your meal because you are already full. It was fresh and very tasty. Our fish was perfect. We both really enjoyed our meal. The staff was very pleasant as well.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We have had diner at Harbor Inn for many years and sorry to report that the food was lacking in taste and off the grill ready hot and ready to eat. Never have experienced this before and I do hope they get this message and make the necessary corrections.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We came back to Hickory after 30 years. While there are little to no true "fish camps" left any more, this is about as close to southern fish camp as you can find. All the usual stuff you'll find that relates to seafood are on the menu.

Prices are great, portions are MORE than plentiful, and the service was outstanding. The new location (relatively) is very clean and well maintained. If we lived here, we'd definitely be regulars.

I had the broiled catfish filets, wife had broiled flounder, daughter had fried catfish. All were excellent Nice touch to bring the hush puppies early for snacks. But don't fill up on them!

Full bar, too.

I'd highly recommend.

Been to Harbor Inn Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!