US$151
US$112
US$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$183
SleepInn
US$191
US$180
US$134
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Forty years ago as newlyweds, my husband and I traveled to Hickory, NC to buy our first furniture. Out of nostalgia more than anything else, we decided to stop in Hickory on our way back to Pennsylvania from a Florida vacation and booked one night at the Inn at Hickory.

We had a delightful time in Hickory and hope to come back again when we can spend more than one night.

Traveling from Savannah with GPS guidance, I figured "no problem" to reach our destination but I had entered NW Seventh Street in our GPS by mistake. When I called Chaz to find out why we couldn't find the B&B, I discovered the error but Chaz could not tell us how to get from NW to SW 7th Street. I thought that a little odd until we corrected the address in the GPS and went through a convoluted series of turns and missed turns to arrive at SW 7th Street and the welcome view of the B&B. Visitors unfamiliar with the town probably do need a GPS to navigate, as it has the oddest layout of streets of any town we've ever visited. Chaz gave us a brief history as to why that is....ask him about it if you find yourselves in similar confusion.

The guest rooms are all named after major furniture companies - we chose the Henredon. The entire inn has gorgeous furniture....creating a great deal of "furniture envy"! The Inn was immaculately clean.

Chaz is a chef and as such does breakfast a little differently than other B&B's we've experienced. He has a printed menu of about 6 or 7 different breakfasts from which to choose. While we were enjoying the artfully arranged fruit plate (kiwi, pineapple, cantaloup, oranges) and basket of freshly baked muffins with coffee and the morning newspapers, Chaz prepared our individual choices.

We try to arrange our infrequent travel schedule to spend at least two nights in any given town in order to do more than arrive, go to dinner, sleep, have breakfast and leave. Even though our visit was brief, we have fond memories of our stay and a mental list of things to do for a hoped for return visit.

Room Tip: We chose the Henredon with the bath en suite - we read and used our computer sitting on the bed. There was a hard-back chair as well However, we would probably choose the Baker next time (with the bath across the hall) for more room and sitting options.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank atleast10hats
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed one night at The Inn at Hickory on our way back from the N.C. mountains. We enjoy B&B's and wanted to shop in Hickory the next day and thought this would be a better alternative than your standard hotel room, which it definitey was! This was a very pleasant B&B and we received a warm welcome from our host Chaz, who couldn't have been nicer. Our room was on the 1st floor and was large & comfortable. Chaz was very helpful in suggesting a place for dinner and the inn is also convenient for furniture shopping. The breakfast is made to order and was DELICIOUS! Chaz told us he attended the Culinary Institute so I imagine that's why the food is so good. If I return to Hickory, I'll stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank StormNik
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Good value, friendly owner very comfortable delicious breakfast

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank JuliaJ446789
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Definitely my favorite place to stay in Hickory. I'm in hickory 4 times a year on business and Chaz alwaysmakes me feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2011
7  Thank MadMorf
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My husband and I had a quick romantic getaway ... while the grandparents kept the kids. We were there on a quiet weeknight. The innkeeper was lovely. The food was delicious. We loved their Southern Hospitality. The inn itself is just beautiful, cozy, and clean. I will send friends to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple