“The best burger and fries”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #2 of 15 Quick Bites in Hickory
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ellen and I love this place, though our diet can only accommodate it occasionally. The burgers and fries can’t be beat period. Staff is always helpful and friendly. Nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

First time visiting, won't be my last. Stopped in while in a bit of a rush. Service was prompt. I thouroghly enjoyed the music that was playing while there, although it was just a bit loud. I was put off a bit by the fact that things didn't come in a combo. Prices seemed higher than your average fast food. This food was not average, it was excellent. The burger I got was more like what I would make at home and the fries were great. Can't wait to go back and try a milkshake.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

From their greeting to the ordering to the final product this five guys is one of the best. Everyone loved what they were doing and you could feel and taste it

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Five Guys has been in our neck of the woods for quite some time. We just never had eaten there. No particular reason except that it's somewhat of a distance from our house.

So we decided to give them a try. We went about an hour before their closing time on a Saturday night. There was a small crowd there but we were waited on quickly.

We studied the menu and each of us picked a double bacon cheeseburger, small orders of fries (she got regular and I got Cajun style), small drink for her, large drink for me and a chocolate milk shake for me.

We went to fill our drinks and picked a table. They brought my milk shake to the table. In about 6-8 minutes, our order was ready and we got it.

So we were going to see just how good Five Guys actually was for ourselves.

The double bacon cheeseburgers were great! Very big and had great flavor. My wife said her fries were so so and that McDonald's has better fries. I thought my Cajun style fries were good but needed salt and I normally don't add salt to fries. I'm not much of a french fries eater but they were good. We did like that their drink dispenser had such a huge variety of flavors to pick from. There's surely something for everyone here. And the chocolate milk shake was delicious! One of the best I've ever had. But it was fairly small. A little disappointing there for the price.

One other thing I want to mention is that the restaurant was extremely clean, the employees were all friendly and smiled a lot. That's unusual these days. And it is much appreciated by the public.

So that was all good, right?? Yeah it was but the downside to all of this is that I feel they are way too high for what they are serving. Our total for our meal including state tax was $34.27!! For burgers and fries?? Too much. We could have gone to a sit-down, full-serve restaurant and gotten meals other than burgers and fries for that kind of money.

SO, Five Guys we know what you are all about now and that you really do have great food. But based on your prices, we will not be back.

1  Thank dooscoop32
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Busy location, meal was quick, as ordered, no complaints. All the offerings from our group were solid.