“This place is a joke!”

Hickory Dickory Dock
Ranked #218 of 295 Restaurants in Hickory
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I wish there was a lower rating than a 1 star. This place is a joke!!! My husband and I have been taking our grand children here to play since they have been open and tonight took our two year old to play in the soft play area for about 30 minutes before heading home but when we got there we were told that we all had to buy a package and that to watch her play had to pay $8.00 each. When I questioned the lady she was extremely rude and said that it was a facility fee. I have never heard of such a thing. Can you imagine taking your kids skating or bowling and if you were just there to watch being charged the same as if you participated. I asked the lady if I had to pay the $8.00 for the soft play then did that mean I could climb up and slide down the slides too? Of course I was told no. So if you want to take your child to the place be prepared to pay for nothing. We ended up going to Chuck E Cheese and letting her play and then went to Chic Fil a and had a milkshake just so she could slide (same thing and it only cost us $7.00 and not $24.00).

Date of visit: March 2018
4  Thank lane204

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

The cost of this place includes adults even if they are just watching their kids. Furniture is old and ripped. Just an old dirty feel and smell to it. Won't be back

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Stay away. Dirty inside, dark and just not warming. Didn't feel safe
We walked in there (wife, myself and 3 year old daughter) and just wanted her to play with the toys and games.
They wanted to charge all of us $8.00 to go in, even though it was just for my daughter.
The lady at the counter was very friendly. We ask if we could walk around before paying, which she was kind enough to let us do. Well, didn't take but 2 minutes to decide to leave and say thank you, but no thank you.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This place went crazy on their prices when they switched over from tokens, so we have not come as often. Now they have raised prices again. And now even the parent has to buy a package just to enter.
I hope the figure out how bad it’s getting here before they lose all their business. We WBT likely be back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This place has become a joke. I visited here 10/22/17 about 2:30. Call the number and it said check the website for pricing. Have no option to speak to a person onsite only to leave message. So $4 for softplay. Went in and the girl at the desk who was the only one not wearing a HDD shirt and a nice nose ring jumping out at me said no more softplay because she don't know how to ring it up and I must buy a package. I explained online I can still get softplay and she argured no. I ask for a manager and she said there is not one on duty and she couldn't help me. So what does this young staff do for an emergency? Don't go here. Go down the road to Chuckie cheese. pS their pizza taste like card board!!

Date of visit: October 2017