“Best Ruby Tuesday experience ”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #136 of 292 Restaurants in Hickory
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

First trip to Ruby Tuesday and definitely a very good meal; one of the better ones since visiting Hickory for the last 8 years. My chicken Bella with Parmesan cream sauce and mushrooms was very tasty, although a bit salty for my palate. My husband's bourbon smoked pork chop was thick and best restaurant chop ever. It was prepared just right, not overcooked or dried out as is the case with many other restaurants. We especially enjoyed the garden salad bar with many excellent choices. You can substitute it for one of your sides for a nominal fee. Reagan provided excellent service. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and my sister stopped I'm at 2PM today. Place had less than 10 customers.

Sister ordered salad bar and mini burgers.
Wife ordered salad bar and soup.
I ordered 12oz sirloin and baked potato and onion rings.

We asked why no bread. Waitress said ready in 3 minutes.

Another 20 minutes I get my meal. Waitress disappeared in the mean time. Still no bread.

Tiny baked potatoe was edible.
Two bites of greasy onion rings was enough.

Steak was like cowhide, even cooked medium rare. I tried 3 sides, and God as my witness, I wasn't able to cut through one side. I tried to taste it, but I don't think a shark could have cut through.

Still no soup or bread.

Soup arrives. Sent the stake back. Asked if I wanted another.
I declined. Half hour had passed.

Manager arrives. Said stove cut off. Couldn't finish biscuits. Had to start over. 3 minutes left, leave biscuits in oven for 3 minutes not possible? No. Have to start over. HUH?

Manager offers another meal. I decline. Don't charge me and be done with it.

Manager sees me eating sister's mini burger. She offers mini burgers to make up for that. "You can eat them here or take them home with you".

No. I'm fine. Biscuits arrive after 50 minutes!

Waitress comes back and tries to make amends. I told her I would take the offer of the mini burgers since my sister didn't get what she paid for.

Waitress goes to manager. "I have to charge you for the mini burgers". What???

I did not make a scene. I didn't even call the manager out on her blatant lie. $35.29 for 2 partial meals and 1 wasted hour.

Against my wishes, my sister left a $2 tip. I normally leave 30%

Thought you might like to know. Facebook, Twitter,Yelp and Trip adviser sure will.

Had it been lunch time slammed, it might have been excusable.

My wife is the most timid Christian girl I've ever met. We got in the car and something I've never heard in 35 years. "Why did the manager lie to us?"

Gene Cowan

Reviewed 21 January 2017

The service was horrible here tonight. The waitress didn't keep our drinks filled at all. All three of us ran out of drink. She We didn't receive our appetizer that we ordered. The manager then offered to give us a free desert. We received the desert only to not offered any beverage refill so we ate with no drink. We waited at least 45 minutes for our dinner and the restaurant was not crowded at all. The salad bar was a disgusting mess. We will not return to this restaurant. I can't stress enough how poor the service was here.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Had lunch there again yesterday. The Staff is great, they not only serve me, they also bring water for my service dog, without a problem. I had their special $12.99 deal, Salad Bar, Chicken Fresca (recommended by my server, I'm embarrassed I don't remember her name), and a HUGE Brownie Sundae. The Salad Bar was fresh and crisp. I had not tried the Chicken Fresca before, but I will definitely have it another time. I asked the server if the broccoli was actually cooked, not half cooked, she said yes, and it really was! Yea! Personally if the brownie sundae was half the size it would still be too much, but it was yummy. I am very interested to see what the restaurant will look like after the remodel is done.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We were there at lunch. Service was barely existent. Finally got our beverages, then the meal came in the expected time frame, never got beverage refills and had to ask another server to go find our ticket. By the time the ticket came and our server came to collect our money, she didn't bring my Uncle any change back. He told me to just to forget it; he wasn't waiting any longer. Our food was actually good and the restrooms were clean, it was just the service.

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!