“Outstanding Steak and Seafood in a lovely setting”
Review of Brandy's On Main

Brandy's On Main
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Hendersonville finally has a wonderful restaurant who knows how to prepare steaks!
Brandy's on Main is an absolute gem in every aspect. Excellence from the menu, two excellent chefs who are very accomplished, a waiter/bartender Josh, cocktails, and the ambiance of the restaurant right down to the piano player playing great music. I had the Humphrey Bogart strip steak with a delicious brandy bordelaise and husband had a filet mignon with bernaise sauce. It is rare to find chefs now a days who create such light and beautiful sauces. Sides are just as wonderful and definitely try Bubbles and Squeak. Unusual and so good. It is a must restaurant not only when in Hendersonville but when in the entire Mountain area of North Carolina! Thank You Chefs for bringing your talents and such an excellent restaurant to Hendersonville NC. Will absolutely dine here again!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

This is a great restaurant for those special occasions and when you just feel like you need a treat. I had the paella and it was better than anything I had in Spain; spicy and yet sweet. The waitress was knowledgeable enough to assist in an appropriate wine choice. Hubby had the lobster, friend 1 had grilled salmon & friend 2 had the trout. Everyone remarked how delicious their food was. I'm looking forward to trying one of their hand cut steaks next.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

If you read my first review for this restaurant, you'll see that I was pleased with all but the entree ...... well we visited again in September with our son for my birthday and again in November, just my wife and me for a quiet dinner. Being a "stuck in a rut" kind of diner, I virtually always order the same entree - a large filet with a baked potato - both times it was cooked perfectly (medium rare plus) and was as tender as could be. The french onion soup is some of the best I've had - the wedge is great and the pretzel app is wonderful. Both my wife and I had a very nice glass of cab and the service both visits was spot on! The ambiance and the decor is first class and thoroughly enjoyable.

The only thing I worry about concerning Brandy's,is their ability to remain open during the "non-tourist" season as I don't think that there are enough people from Hendersonville who will be willing to foot the tab here ..... certainly not that they can't, just don't know if they will. THEY SHOULD - as this is far and away the best restaurant in this town. We wish them good luck!!!!!

Reviewed 2 December 2016

We had a very nice semi private table by the window. The cocktails were excellent and the wines reasonable with a nice pour. The menu was very nice. There is something for everyone and reasonably priced for the quality. Everything is prepared fresh and using local when they can. Bread and desserts made on premises. I had the 6 ounce filet with lobster claw. The filet was tender and cooked perfectly. The claw was small and dry. The mushrooms and sauce were excellent. The side was a generous portion of creamed spinach and it also was excellent. My father had the 4 oz filet with stuffed prawn which he enjoyed. My wife and mother both had the seafood pasta dish. The pasta was perfectly cooked and it was loaded with lobster, shrimp, crab and scallops. The sauce was a little heavy, but had an excellent flavor. Our waitress was outstanding and eager to please. My only complaint is that I emailed them to request a small cake for my mother's 90th birthday. I received no acknowlegement and no cake. In all fairness, they offered her anything on their dessert menu. It turned out we were too full to do dessert. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

A quiet dinner with good friends in a booth so large it made us feel we were the only patrons there! The staff was well spoken and happy. The service manners were on spot and that is a very important piece to me. The dinner was one of the best on Main Street. Do stay for desert and live piano!