“We visited during Christmas to see their decorations and buy gifts.”

A Day in the Country
Ranked #45 of 207 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We enjoy all the gift items they carry and decorations of the seasons. We are local so we've visited her quite often. Sometimes for lunch....very good sandwiches,, salads and soups.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

having stayed in Hendersonville several months ago, we stumbled upon this place after a recommendation from our daughter. good choice - the fellow at the counter recommended the reuben for me and wife had the turkey/cranberry sandwich. first off - the potato salad was awesome - the tomato basil soup was also a 10. wanted to try the desserts, but we were full. will definitely return. they also have a very extensive gift shop - but we were not ready to look at Christmas stuff the day after Halloween so we passed.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Although the name of the restaurant is very deceiving (it's not in the country) this is a cute place to eat lunch and do some gift shopping. I ate here with my sister and the food was good - be sure to eat dessert. Be aware that you order yourself at the register before being seated. The only thing I did not like was the service. Since you don't have a specific waiter/waitress to take your order we were not waited on at our table once our food was delivered, so we didn't get drink refills and when we were ready for dessert, we had to go get it ourselves.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Asheville. The sandwiches were good, but the real killer was the lemon curd cake. I'm still thinking about that cake, several weeks later. If I lived nearby, I'd probably gain ten pounds from eating there regularly. The gift shop is very nice, as well.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Stopped here for lunch. My husband had a quiche and salad which was very good. I had ordered a chicken salad sandwich and instead got the special sandwich of the day. It was goat cheese and strawberries which was good, just not what I ordered. Did not send it back due to time crunch and ended up enjoying it anyway.