“(Not So) Mean Mr. Mustard”
Review of Mean Mr. Mustard

Mean Mr. Mustard
Ranked #34 of 207 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving a casual sit down or takeout breakfast or lunch with additional outdoor dining.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Just found our new favorite breakfast spot in Hendersonville! While navigating to the parking lot up the hillside, it's well worth the effort. Menu might be a little limited for some but I enjoyed the omelet of the day & the Mrs had a tasty Eggs Benedict dish. This biscuits were just ok, so I will try the sourdough toast next time. Outdoor seating can be enjoyed on a nice day and the decor is certainly unique. WE WILL BE BACK!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

I live 1/2 mile from this restaurant and have been disappointed the last three times I've been there. Perhaps they've changed their cook. Beatles memorabilia do not make up for quality of food. The first time I had French toast there, it was excellen. The second time it was dry. My husband had eggs benedict there a couple of weeks ago and the white of the eggs were clear, practically raw. When he sent back to the kitchen to redo the eggs, the waitress actually asked him how he wanted the eggs cooked! He of course told her he wanted them cooked. This morning we thought we'd try the scrambled eggs with biscuits and sausage gravy. When the meal arrived, the gravy was very thick, congealed looking, and my biscuits weren't even covered. When I asked for more gravy, the waitress told me there'd be an upcharge. She also told me I could switch my plate with my husband's, because he had a little more gravy than I did! The gravy was just lukewarm, the biscuits were of course dry, and so were the eggs. We'd both ordered them moist. A real waste of $7.00 for each meal. It will be a long time before we give them another chance. Too bad, their location is so convenient.
My recommendation - go across the street to HenDough - they have huge freshly baked biscuits with egg and cheese, perfectly cooked, for $3.00.

1  Thank 907leslie
Reviewed 15 June 2017

My husband is a Beatles fan and he was intrigued by the name. So, we stopped in for breakfast with our 3 daughters. Wonderful experience! The grits are to die for! Our server, Laurie, was a delight! Dining on the porch was lovely. The only reason we didn't give it 5 stars was that on our second visit, we were looking forward to some of the items on the lunch menu and found out that lunch wasn't served until 11am. Wish we had known that before hand. Also, our server this time was not very friendly or accommodating. But... Laurie to the rescue. My husband asked for more Hollandaise sauce and when our server came back, the server said the chef only make enough for each day. As she finished saying that, Laurie brought a side of sauce. Met the owner, Diane, too, and she was delightful!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

ate here for breakfast, limited menu and seating and the parking lot is on a hill and can be a bit tricky.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Found this place on an absolute whim while searching for breakfast places near where we were staying. So glad we did!!

Beatles-themed restaurant with a hearty menu and food that fills you all the way up! I had the strawberry pancake breakfast special (how could I not?) and my husband had the Yellow Submarine and a side of two pancakes. We left stuffed and happy. We will be back when we are in the area again!