US$101
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Much better than the usual cheap fare. Family that takes care of the desk is nice and helpful, place is very safe with all of the parking lot facing major road. Also clean and neat. This is a cheap motel and absolutely not luxurious - if you want bells and whistles pay more. But if you want a good deal in a location close to lots of restaurants, gas stations, etc., this is the place. Note that road noise can be loud; light sleepers should bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheree H
Reviewed 5 November 2015

If you're just looking for a clean place to sleep and shower then this is the place. If you expect much more then pay much more to stay at a fancier hotel. We got a clean place to rest and watch tv for the night and saved some $$. I would stay again.

Rooms have free wifi and mini-fridge with microwave.
No pool, no breakfast, which will save you money.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank StonewallBrigade
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I booked a room on the road and was really worried because it was so cheap. The room was clean and that's all i care about no bells and whistles, mini fridge and microwave, but I would prefer to stay here and bring my own iron, coffee maker etc.! When I travel the hotel is a place to sleep & shower, not the destination!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank justLisaanddarby
Reviewed 20 April 2015

After reading some of the reviews, I was a bit worried about staying at the Sherwood, but my fears were unfounded. At check in, I was greeted warmly and desk clerk offered suggestions to area attractions. The motel is not new or trendy, but my room was very clean and comfortable.There is not a coffee maker in the room, but coffee is available in the office ! On my next visit to the area, I will stay in this family owned motel !

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2014 via mobile

Travelers who don't frequent trip advisor will probably end up here because it is cheap but nasty. Desperate folks will get shafted. I was there for 2 weeks working for the place. Normally the Sherwood gets $200.00 per week for rent. I worked as an electrician and a HVAC tech for an agreed fee of $10.00/hr for 25 hrs in lire of rent. That makes me paying $250.00 per week. When I realized the owner was unscrupulous I said I was leaving giving notice. The overtime pay rate after 50 hrs equaled min. wage for the incorrect hours. This operator is a scam artist. He should be investigated by the IRS and The Federal Bureau of Wage and Hour. In addition, the rooms are filthy, mold ridden, appliances don't work, and the constant sound of military jets performing landing and takeoffs, despite being patriotically comforting, at Cherry Point Navel Air Station, is deafening. Spend a little more money for a better nights sleep and better amenities in New Bern, Morehead or elsewhere. DO NOT SUPPORT THE SHERWOOD MOTEL!!!!

• Stayed: December 2014