New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Was DENIED a room here..Wouldnt take coupon amount for just 4 hours stay!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Welborn Motel

Welborn Motel
Welborn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hamptonville
winston-salem
“Was DENIED a room here..Wouldnt take coupon amount for just 4 hours stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2008

I travel by Welborns going to Wilkesboro NC to play music with my Band at times. One attempt to stay in a room there was early Sunday Morning July 6th 08 ..My Girlfriend and I were very tired from being in Wilkesboro all night and were heading home towards Winston Salem NC..And decided to stop at Welborns to take advantage of their"Coupon for better rates" That we picked up at a Lowes food paper rack...Well, I rang the bell at window and got a Indian guy..I asked him if I could get a room there,and how much it would cost. He said $35, So I asked him if he could give me the cheaper rate..Since there was noone but maybe one truck there,I took it that there was probably one person in their Motel..I figured that my reduced rate of $25.00 would be fair for about 4 hours stay in one of their cheast rooms! But NO! He refused to let me stay there for the advertised rate! So I walked off saying "Have a blessed morning" He quickly cuts all the lights off in the place and leaves! ..The last time I stayed in a room here I was tempted to write a review then,Because afterwards I had intense itching fom being in their bed..Im not sure what I contracted,But it itched me for over a Month afterwards..Just thinking about this and the way I was treated this last go round really Irritates me about this Motel and their lack of friendlyness and rejected Hospitality..It would take a big apology and free stay sometime to help heal what I have gone through here! Hopefully they will do what is right from now on.

• Liked — There were alot of available rooms
  • Disliked — hospitality lack of.. room had odor that was unpleasant..Not reasonable about their Coupon ad.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
11 Thank drumnguy

Travellers are raving about these Hamptonville hotels

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamptonville
9.5 km away
13.8 km away
Days Inn Jonesville
Days Inn Jonesville
#4 of 8 in Jonesville

Been to Welborn Motel? Share your experiences!