“Good food, local attitude(GOOD!)”
Review of Sawmill Grill

Sawmill Grill
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Hampstead
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a second location for the Sawmill Restaurant. Original location: 5611 Carolina Beach Rd., Wilmington, NC 28412
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My wife and I ate here one night, easy to find right off 17. It was med to high volume at that time, but we were seated and waited on fast. Very pleasant staff. We ordered fried seafood plates, and I asked for double shrimp instead of the third choice of seafood. I got less than my wife did on here seafood platter. So I said something and they instantly fixed it with no attitude. In fact, had to take some of the shrimp home.
Very good restaurant. I will come back.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Very reliable local neighborhood restaurant.

Famous among locals as the place to go for a big southern breakfast.

Endless coffee refills.

Great service. And fast too.

Very reasonable prices.

Plenty of seating so patrons meet up with friends for a nice social breakfast.

Very much a low key family restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I doubt we would have seen this place on our recent trip but our amazing friends treated us for my Birthday Brunch at the Sawmill. It is one of their favorites and we are sure glad they let us in on this hidden gem!

We had a late night before and were all starving and not quite feeling up to our best and this was sure the cure! LOL!

We decided on breakfast and had Omelets, potatoes, toast, biscuits and gravy. Best homemade food from the south, made to order I have every eaten....So fresh and tasty! Looking at the menu and politely scoping out what the other diners were eating for lunch.....everything looked fabulous.......fried shrimp, fried chicken, liver and onions etc........All just amazing!

Pricing was good, service was quick and everyone so kind! We will definitely be back! Make sure to check this place out!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I had the squash casserole the last time and all it tasted like was just cheese and squash no flavor at all, I have had it before and it was good. I tried collards one more time and was lousy, I asked the waitress what was it flavored with she said beef, NO NO NO NO you flavor collards with Ham or pork. Most all of the other things are for the most part good, Just know what to order or not to order. They also have Chicken Pastry and it was not southern Chicken and Pastry, it was kinda spicy, not good at all.

1  Thank atlanticboy70
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Depending on the time of day, it's a busy place. The food is good old southern cooking. Breakfast is awesome.