“Horrible experience”

Hampton Inn Greenville
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My mom and I checked in Friday morning June 30th. Shonda the front desk clerk was amazing as always as this was not our first time staying here. Needless to say, as my mom slept from our 4 hour drive, I sat down watching television. An hour later there's roach like bugs crawling above her bed. I immediately notified housekeeping. Someone came in and killed them and took them out. The desk person from 2nd shift called and I asked her to plse have housekeeping vacuum the floor the next day as you could smell the dust. She assured me they would.
Later I pulled the linen back to lay down and there's poop on the sheets. Yes, poop, I smelled it. I called the front desk and spoke to Jack. He came up and observed out if shock what was present and disgusting. He changed our room and explained to me that since I booked via expedia, he could not refund my money. He was pleasant and professional.
We go across the hall to a different room. That was ok except we could hear the toilet flushing in the next room. We left Saturday morning and I dropped a few chips on the floor. We returned at 11pm that night and the chips were still on the floor, indicating that the floor was not vacuumed. Forcing me to sleep one way on th he edge because the strong smell of dust was present in thghe corner of the bed nearest the air conditioner. Breathing it was awful.
The breakfast I think was nice as well except there needs to be a dress code enforced. People should not be allowed to fix food in their pajamas. That is so unsanitary.
Needless to say I won't be staying there anymore. Thank you Jack and Shonda. But to spend the money we spent to stay in a room that smelled like it hasn't been vacuumed in weeks, and to know thst housekeeping left a set of sheets with poop (fresh) on the sheets is utterly ridiculous and nasty.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Please know that we take cleanliness very seriously, and this is not a normal occurrence at our property. While we are unsure of the stain on your sheets, I am happy that we were at least able to move you to another room, and please know that I did submit a reimbursement in Hilton Honors points to your account, since we were unable to refund the prepaid reservation. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your stay.

Jack Prager
Guest Services Manager
Hampton Inn - Greenville
252-355-7400

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Next to convention center and easily accessible to food and entertainment. Room was clean, lobby was very tidy, continental breakfast warm and satisfactory for a chain hotel breakfast. There is a very small outside pool available during season, can get quite busy. Staff was very helpful with check in/out, respectful, and polite. Would stay again if in the area. Free Parking was readily available with good lighting.

Room Tip: Two Elevators are relatively slow, would stay on levels 2-3 at end of hallway to access stairs quick...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Reasonably near the highways and close to a few restaurants and some shopping. The front desk guys were great and really helpful in guiding you to places to eat in the area and making you feel welcome.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This was a small room but I was alone and it was perfect. The only nuance was that the remote was difficult to work with. The TV was pretty difficult to navigate. Otherwise, the room was clean, smelled lovely, and the A/C worked like a charm!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 21 June 2017

If you are in the Greenville, NC area for any reason I recommend the Hampton. Friendly and efficient staff, close to most things, rooms like new, good value. The view isn't the best but if you're going to the convention center, it couldn't be better! If in Greenville, this is the hotel for you!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton