Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$73
Expedia.comUS$73
PricelineUS$73
Hotels.comUS$73
eDreamsUS$73
FindHotelUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

During this season rooms are hard to find in this area. This place should be hard to find. Rooms are poorly lit with mismatched decor. Cable tv does not work. No coffee maker. Double bed room but only allowed two sets of towels and toiletries for two. Instead of cleaning or replacing the tile or towel racks, they simply painted over it. Oh and, only one room key for you. Not recommended

Date of stay: October 2020

Staff......... 5/5
Condition 3/5
Location 2/5

Value 5/5
@ $55 a night,( Wed-Sat) it's about 1/3 the cost of most hotels on the weekend, it went up to $88, and then the value drops to 2/5, and you should stay at a Hampton or similar quality hotel.

Staff 5/5
Seems to be a family run hotel, with the Father in the morning rating a 5/5, but the guy at night that I assume is the son, 3/5. The younger generation just don't seem how to interact with people.

Condition 3/5
It's a older hotel, and if I had to guess, I would say 25-35 years old, and in the need of a very serious updating. From the 80's comforters to the dark room color and the need for an updated bathroom.

Location 2/5
I have slept through hurricanes in Florida and Serious storms in the NC mountains, but I could NOT get a good night sleep, because the hotel is literally yards away from the busy highway and the hotel is at the MAIN entrance to Franklin, so the traffic noise is SIGNIFICANT!!

As a former "Road Warrior" with over 5,000 hotel stays over 30 years traveling for business, I give an HONEST review and NOT all hotels or motels appreciate my reviews.

Since I was desperate, having made a decision to go to the mountains the week of Labor Day week, and at the last minute, to oversee the renovation on our 14 rental cottages, NOT much at all was available.

From Asheville, through Cherokee and over to Franklin, only 4 hotels had availability, and this is the only motel I had every seen from road and I paid the price for my last minute decision.

I would stay again if I was in need like this last minute trip, but I'll go back the hotels I generally stay at in the area.

I am spending over $300,00 to renovate and modernize our 14 rental properties, in Cullowhee, and I think this owner needs to bite the bullet and seriously renovate the motel.

Sorry for the harsh review but it's the truth.

Room tip: There is a reason the hotel is so CHEAP, it's right next to a busy highway.
Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Dark, dreary; noisy. Does not look like online pics. Dirty shower.
Worst bed ever! Strong chemical smell in room.
Window in bathroom can not open. ( cranks broken off)

It is now 2:30 am people next door are talking loudly!.....Very LOUD!! and smoking outside...windows not sealed, smoke drifting in.

The bed is hard and horrible. Carpet is dirty. Shower black; mold or dirt or both?( see pics)
I keep feeling like things are crawling on me; have not slept a wink!
Not a good experience!
Judging from the reviews I was hoping for nothing fancy but an adequate, clean room with a comfortable bed for the night; but not room 14!
Perhaps the rooms above on hill are renovated and better?

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

First off the motel was clean. Unfortunately we could only get double beds. They where a little to hard for us. Second this is an older motel and the windows are the old crank type. The on in the bathroom top panel had about a quarter inch opening and would not close all the way. There was the problem. Stink bugs. I disposed of 7 in the bathroom and two where the beds where at. Also,check in and out was quick and the folks were really nice!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2019

Looking online on my way to Franklin NC to go gem mining, I found the Rodeway Inn. The pictures looked great and they only had one room left so I booked it. Imagine my surprise when my gps brought me to this address. It sits right beside a very busy, noisy main road. The room was fine and appeared clean. The checkin person looked extremely bored and was not very friendly but the housekeeping people could not have been any nicer! It was okay but I think the rates were overpriced for what you got and the location.

Date of stay: June 2019