“Fantastic food with French flair”
Review of Caffe Rel

Caffe Rel
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Franklin
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Fantastic restaurant, clean, friendly and inviting. No reservations. Arrive and put your name on the list. The food is more than worth the wait, treat yourself to great food.

1  Thank Elmer G

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

It doesn't matter when you go to Caffe Rel; the food is consistently great. Be advised though that they're only open4 days a week: Wed, Thur, Fri and Sat. However, they are open from 11 am to 9 pm. If you venture there during lunch or dinner, you will wait. We find going about 3 pm after all gets a bit quiet to be the secret. A wonderful dining experience that I personally consider the best in western North Carolina.

1  Thank jefftobin
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Who knew that a 5 star restaurant would be next to a gas station! There was a short wait but so worth it! Everything we chose from the large selection was superb!
When you are traveling this great country, don't eat at the usual crappy fast food joints! Get on Trip Advisor and eat where the locals eat! You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Pam D
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Caffe REL had been recommended to us and it did not disappoint! In fact, we were very pleasantly impressed! We arrived around 1:00 on a Saturday and were seated right away. We did notice on leaving that there were several groups waiting (the restaurant provides a cooler with cold bottled water outside for those waiting). We ordered the Filet Mignon Sandwich and The John Gotti Sandwich and they were delicious! The seasoning of the filet was exceptional! Our server was very nice, but we did overhear another server telling her table about a list of specials that were never mentioned to us. But that didn't spoil anything. Never mind that they share space with a gas station! Once inside, you feel transported to a small European village cafe. But it is all about the food. The menu is extensive and we plan to go back again and again, for lunch and for dinner. If you enjoy good food, you cannot miss a chance to visit this restaurant!

1  Thank DebbieS50
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We had heard a lot about Caffe Rel from friends who spend the summer in Franklin. We were eagerly anticipating visiting this restaurant. The first time I had the Shrimp and Grits. I love this dish and have had it at several places, the best being Sunset Grille In Hilton Head Island SC. No one has matched up to it until I had it here at Caffe Rel.
True, while it did not have the usual Andouille Sausage added to it the excellent bacon gave it the elusive smoky flavor while the Hot Sauce kicked it up a notch. The Grits were perfectly cooked and just creamy enough to tempt the palate.
The second visit I had the Crawfish with Cognac on Linguine. The Crawfish were cooked perfectly, not rubbery, and the Cognac Cream Sauce was rich and full of flavor.
Feeling very stuffed at the end, we had to regretfully decline the beautiful cake desserts that I could see from my chair.
If I go back again, I think I will try the Mac and Cheese with Rosemary and Gruyere and a Salad!!!

1  Thank Journey53