Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$73
PricelineUS$73
Hotels.comUS$73
FindHotelUS$73
Agoda.comUS$73
Trip.comUS$82
All reviews window seat room was clean staff was friendly free breakfast annette pet nc mountains trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

My stay at this microtel was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had!! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! Checking in was okay, the lady that night at the desk was very pleasant. Now to get to everything else. We DID pay for a pet fee. We did NOT get a pet friendly room (their fault), but because we purchased a suite that put us in room 103. The fan didn't work, so when you took a shower, it was muggier than outside in the room. Our first night was quiet. The next night, which was Thursday April 1, 2021 was a NIGHTMARE. We began getting phone calls about our dogs (which note, they were never in the room for more than 8 hours for us to sleep because we kenneled them at Paula's Pet Paradise.) to continue, the people above us had children that were EXTREMELY loud. We were sleeping and they had woken us, so obviously the dogs let out a bark because they were startled. The little girl at the front desk called us at about 1:00 AM YELLING about the dogs barking. We told them about the family upstairs needed to quiet down and then our dogs would as well. She proceeded to YELL at me on the phone saying, " I am NOT calling about the people upstairs, I am calling about YOUR dogs." Let me tell you. WHOEVER CALLED NEEDS A CHECK IN HOSPITALITY AND HER ATTITUDE!!!!!!! Ask us nicely and we would tell you about upstairs! She rudely hung the phone up on us, and don't worry, SHE called back about 30 minutes later again complaining about our dogs. This continued not this night but the following night as well. I called the front desk complaining about the people upstairs after quiet hours being too loud and the desk just continued to yell at us. We went for coffee both mornings and overheard them complaining about us. YOUR STAFF! Maybe have some manners and close the office door before you complain about people staying in your hotel. Whoever you have on your night shift needs a reality check and maybe a class on how to treat people. THIS TRIP WAS UNPLANNED BECAUSE I FOUND OUT MY FATHER HAS CANCER AND ISN'T WELL. I DROVE OVER 800 MILES TO COME TO THIS HOTEL AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ISSUES IN THIS HOTEL. I HATED RETURNING TO IT, BUT BECAUSE OF THE SITUATION WE HAD TO STAY. We both decided that if we got a phone call Saturday night I was going to call corporate because this is the most ridiculous situation I have ever had to deal with. Our dogs aren't barkers, were kenneled and had no accidents in the room. Yes, when a dog is startled, it's going to bark. But, maybe the hotel should work on more of their issues before they come to me like that. If I knew the 2-3 employees that mouthed off to us by name, I WOULD be naming them in this email. Maybe nametags would be nice.

Yea see my dogs below... their just so bad huh???? IF YOU DONT LIKE PETS, don’t work or stay at a pet friendly hotel. It’s not that hard.

Date of stay: March 2021
Sagar Patel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

nalter,

Thank you for your feedback. As we have responded to you at every other website that this complaint has been posted on, once again we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Like we have explained to you previously you booked online a suite. Our suites are not pet friendly and upon your arrival to the hotel there was no pet friendly rooms available but front desk happily accommodated you and still let you stay with your pet. Yes you were required to pay the pet fee because that is our policy, it doesn't matter if its a pet friendly room or non pet friendly room everyone with a pet has to pay the fee. Front desk did as they were suppose to. Our hotel is pet friendly however when a pet is in a unfamiliar place or hears other people we do understand this could cause them to wine or bark but because this is a hotel and there are other people here as well we have to take proper protocol in calling each room that the noises are coming from. Don't worry we had contacted the guest above you as well. I hope that you understand where we are coming from and know that it was not intentional being rude to you or anything in that matter but it makes it hard for our staff as well when its causing issues throughout the whole hotel trying to make it right for each customer. Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience of anything during your stay with us.

Take care,

management and staff

Reviewed 17 March 2021

I was thru hiking the Bartram Trail which actually travels directly through the town of Franklin after 70 mi of trail. Booked a room using Priceline ahead of the trip for Monday 3/8. Hiked 19 mi to get to the motel that day. The location was great. Not far off trail. Convenient to the Ingles Grocery and many restaurants which was important since I didn't have a car. The check-in was smooth. The room was fine. Got a hot shower & a great night's sleep. That was the good. Now for the bad. I hiked 60 more miles to finish at Fontana Dam near Bryson City. I needed a room. Pulled up Priceline. Searched Bryson City. Microtel Inn came up first. I knew there was one that I pass on HWY 74. Ok, great. I'll stay at Microtel. Unbeknownst to me, Priceline's search function had pulled up the Microtel for Franklin an hour away. Once I realized this error, I called Priceline to explain that it was the wrong motel. They said it would be at the discretion of the general manager of the Microtel in Franklin. Priceline contacted me back to inform me that there would be no refund. So I was a paying customer on Monday 3/8.....and now they were going to charge for an inadvertent mistake when I'm now 60 mi away in another city & can't use their motel on Thursday 3/11. I had to pay for motel rooms in two different cities that night. I'm a high school teacher. That is a big deal to me. It felt like fraud to charge me for a room that I couldn't use.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 14 December 2020

My room was better than I had expected. I believe that it was the suite. It had a sofa, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was very nice and spacious for a small hotel. The one one issue I had and I found quite worrisome, was I saw a German cockroach in the room on the first night. I don't know if there is a pest problem, but for the rest of my stay I didn't have an issue.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sagar Patel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

ThorntonAdvantage,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for choosing Microtel. We appreciate your feedback as your experience is VERY important to our team here. I want to reach out to you directly and let you know that we do apologize for what you seen in the room. We do not ever have this issue but we did take our precautions in calling in pest control to do what was needed to prevent this from happening in the future. Again, please know we are sincerely sorry. On the other hand, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. Those suites are spacious and the seating area is a nice little perk! We hope to see you again. Until next time, take care, stay safe & God Bless!

- Jessica and all staff

Reviewed 2 December 2020

very pleasant stay, we will be returning again sometime in the future, we also enjoyed the staff, very kind and helpful, thank you for everything. the mountains are beautiful along with the waterfalls and streams

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

kgrosse1,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for choosing Microtel. We appreciate your feedback as your experience is VERY important to our team here. We are happy to hear that all staff was kind and helpful during your stay with us. We all strive in making our guest feel like their at their "home away from home". I'm glad to know you enjoy these beautiful mountains and waterfalls as much as we do. We look forward to seeing you again. Until next time .. take care, stay safe & God Bless!

- Jessica and all staff

Reviewed 2 November 2020

The front desk staff were very friendly and polite. The lobby and the room were super clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was not served due to COVID restrictions but I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sagar Patel, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

737robiny,

Thank you so much for your review and thank you for choosing Microtel. We appreciate your feedback as your experience is VERY important to our team here. We apologize for not having breakfast at this time but we do thank you for understanding. We hope to see you soon. Until next time .. take care, stay safe & God Bless!

- Jessica and staff