“Friendliest People and great brisket!”
Review of Willy's Bar-B-Que

Willy's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 828-524-0414 phone #.
Description: 828-524-0414 phone #.
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I was driving through and stop to get takeout. Friendliest girl behind the counter told me to try the brisket! Thank you for the recommendation. The brisket was tender and flavorful and the sweet sauce was just the right touch.

Next time when I'm in not such a hurry i'll try the rest of the menu.

1  Thank TallyhoMark

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

For the first time the wife and I decided to give Willy's a try. They have been in Franklin for many years but we haven't tried it. We are glad we did. The food was southern bbq. You get a lot for the money. The staff was friendly. If you are looking for somewhere to try go and give them a shot.

1  Thank gweikel2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Visited Willy's Bar-B-Que yesterday and was thrilled with their pulled pork! The sandwich was huge, bread was fresh and held together. Their tangy sauce is delicious -- not too hot in flavor, but just perfect. Their cole slaw is good too.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

On a 10-day long road trip and another local BBQ place had been recommended by a local, but we saw Willy's as we pulled into the Hampton Inn and decided right then we weren't going to drive any more. Good decision. We walked in about 7:00 pm - they were only open for another hour and were out of brisket, so we had ribs and pulled pork dinner platters. Both the meats were VERY good, dry-rubbed ribs with just a bare skim of sauce when served, and some of the leanest ribs and pork we have had anywhere. Then our server said the two sauce containers on the table were their regular sauce and a sweet one - would we like to try their spicy and extra spicy sauces?? Heck yes, we love hot stuff! We didn't try the sweet sauce but the others are delish, remarkably different flavors aside from the heat levels. Be warned, extra hot has some impressive heat. I liked the sauces so much I kept dipping bites of my baked potato into pools of them on my plate. My green beans were so good that after my husband tasted them he asked for his own order. Fried okra tasted fresh and light; didn't taste the squash in the squash puppies but they were very good, not really sweet and not greasy. Great fresh unsweetened iced tea with lemon (we are picky). Only dessert offered was key lime pie, which we like but being from Florida, decided not to try it here - we were too full anyhow. Would definitely return. In fact, we may go back for lunch today if we finish touring the Tartans Museum in time!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We were happily surprised with the BBQ here. The food had great flavor and was reasonably priced. The service was fast and attentive. Would definitely go back if we are in the area!