Lowest prices for your stay
US$73
US$72
Expedia.comUS$72
TravelocityUS$72
Orbitz.comUS$72
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2019 via mobile

The people who run this place are rude and obnoxious. They kept harassing me and my colleagues who left their backpacks in my room while we ran to the restaurant to eat and Ingall's to resupply. Then refused my maildrop, which they advertise as a free service for AT thru-hikers resulting in my package being sent all the way back home. This required 7 business days for delivery before I could have it reshipped to my new location. When I called to inquire about it they said the parcel was never delivered to them! WTH? I have the postal confirmation it was attempted to be delivered and was refused by Reception.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Muddusa
Reviewed 25 August 2017

This is a small, older hotel. We stayed here for the eclipse as our original reservation was cancelled 2 weeks earlier (they told us it was due to renovations??? for eclipse weekend! Seriously). We called Haven's and they had a room at a very good price. Check-in was friendly and quick even though we arrived late. The room was clean and a little larger than the chains we have stayed at. The town of Franklin is a very nice small town. Due to a family issue, we had to check out a day early. A refund was given immediately, without question. If you want a place to stay in town, at a great price, this is it. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cruisefan0110
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This Budget Inn is definitely nicer than its sister inn in Hiawassee, GA. You can still get laundry done and have a clean bed, but you also have a functioning microwave and fridge, plus things seem generally cleaner. The two of us were able to take a hot shower, the wall outlets were functional, and the wifi was mostly functional. There are enough flat spaces to spread out gear if you are a hiker. The inn will take you to and from the AT, and there is a shuttle to Walmart and an outfitter every day at 4pm. Costs about $6 more if you pay with credit card than with cash, but their onsite ATM wasn't working for us so we paid the surcharge.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina L
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Just off of the Appalachian Trail and ready for a shower and decent room. That is exactly what I received. That is also exactly how the rooms are priced basic and affordable. Front office staff was very welcoming and knowledgeable about what was available in the area. The hotel does cater to the hiking community in the form of discounts.

I truly enjoyed the relaxed, laid back environment where I could share "war stories" about the AT with other hikers. I plan on hiking next year and spending time at this hotel as well.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ToGoR24
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Haven's is perfectly fine for a night off of the trail. It's an older place, certainly not fancy, but the sheets were clean and the water was hot. I can overlook other things if those two criteria are met. When you figure that your $40 also gives you a ride to and from the AT it's a bargain. It's also within walking distance to whatever a hiker may need while off trail. Fridge and microwave (a little older and beat up, but perfectly functional), are included; it really is a bargain. Like most of you, I'd prefer a nicer place, but not at twice the price. Four stars only because of value for price.

Date of stay: March 2016