“Very Good southern home cooking”
Review of The Sunset

The Sunset
Ranked #20 of 94 Restaurants in Franklin
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great restaurant serving down home food with local grown products. Fresh Peach pie is to die for it is so good. We even went back another day just for Peach pie. Wife & I both had the fried chicken which was fabulous. NO CREDIT CARDS, cash or check only.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were told about this place from local friends and we really enjoyed our breakfast. Somewhat of a cramped location, but good food and a smiling waitress! Would eat here next time we come through!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stopped in based on TripAdvisor review and were not disappointed. My husband had the special of the day - Turkey and Dressing one of his favorites. I had the single burger with fries. I tasted all his food, T&D along with green beans and creamed corn. Everything was very good. The vegetables tasted fresh. Not too salty and seasoned just right. Turkey and dressing very good as well. The burger and fries were both good. It is cash only with a somewhat small seating capacity. Our service was average, which is really the reason for four star review. That being said, The Sunset is definitely on our list of return visits.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I don't live in Franklin, but I've been by this restaurant many times. I've always noticed that the parking lot is always crowded so I take this as a good sign and finally stopped in for lunch. I wasn't disappointed. The place was clean and bright and the waitress was attentive. My lunch partner said the 3 cheese grilled cheese with peaches and powdered sugar was to die for. I had their house favorite, fried chicken, and it was very good. I didn't try their desserts, but I hear they're known for their homemade pies. They have a huge breakfast menu as well. I'll certainly return.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Had the fried rainbow trout which was excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive. Peach pie was amazing!