“Saturday Lunch.”

Jonny Mac's Lowcountry Grille and BBQ
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Fletcher
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

This is a very casual place that has no pretense about it. In a fairly run down shopping center at the far back, past a second hand store BUT:
The food is terrific! I had a sandwich on the roll made of (real) crab and shrimp. Loved it, and I'm a Maryland girl and we fancy ourselves pretty picky about crab. I chose an apple ginger slaw as my side. Very tasty!
My husband had his favorite barbecue sandwich. And said he would definitely be back for more.
The staff is very helpful. The cashier, where you stand and place your order was quite funny and told us we would be addicted. The owner -chef was right there telling us about his time cooking in Mount Pleasant SC.
We were too full for the huge gooey desserts. I may never have any 'cause I'm going back for another crab and shrimp sandwich!

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Does not look like much located in a strip mall but this place is worth the trip. There with family who had the ribs. Pork, collards and Mac and cheese. I had the pulled Cajun chicken all was awesome ! Will definitely go again !

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We took our 88 year old friend who spent many a moon in New Orleans. She was super impressed with the Jambalaya and the cornbread. Best cornbread anywhere!!! We had pulled pork with the Sesame Ginger sauce. Yummy!!! Even bought the sauce to take home. Went a second time and had the breakfast French toast and a Biscuits and gravy with home fries. Both were delicious. Our friend had a hamburger, which was huge and super tasty! Staff and owner are super nice, that alone will keep me coming back for more! Great prices too!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Jonny Mac's is a new restaurant that we have already heard good things about. The owner was the original owner of Mayberry's in Brevard, NC, so we were confident that we would be in for a good experience.

The place isn't fancy, but it is clean and comfortable. It has a walk up counter where you place your order, then you sit down and it is delivered to you. There are lots of choices to consider so the owner gave us menus, described how they were laid out, then told us that we could get a drink and sit down at a table and take as long as we would like to figure out what we wanted. It was a nice touch. We didn't feel rushed at all and we were able to carefully look over the entire menu.

Don't let the walk up counter fool you; this is REALLY good food. I decided on French toast stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese. I ordered home fries and sausage to go with it. My wife ordered a Cuban sandwich with a side of apple slaw.

The food was amazing. Not just good, amazing. The sausage was as good as any I have tasted, and the French toast was delicious. My wife said the ham on her sandwich was the best she has tasted.

When we finished the owner came by and asked us to stay for just a couple of extra minutes. He then brought us hot beignets with hot fudge dipping sauce. What a way to end the meal!

If you are planning to go, I suggest looking the menu over ahead of time. There are so many great looking dishes that you will have difficulty making up your mind. Personally, I plan on trying every dish on the menu.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

At the recommendation of a friend, my husband and I tried Johnny Mac's for lunch today. It is a cute little restaurant that is simple and without lots of frills, but with lots of hospitality and good choices on the menu. After much deliberation, I decided on the Cuban with apple slaw as my side and my husband had the Pain Perdu. The owner took our order and was super friendly and seemed genuinely appreciative of our visit. The food was excellent. The ham on my Cuban was some of the best ham I have ever tasted. I loved the apple slaw as an accompaniment- if I had a complaint (and it is very minor), the slaw was chunky and I prefer a finer chopped slaw. My husband proclaimed his meal spectacular. I tasted the home fries that he had as a side and they were flavorful and crispy. After our meal, the owner brought us out a complimentary plate of hot beignets. We both said that we will retun to this delightful restaurant again and again.