Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall
Deluxe Inn(Fayetteville)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
Hotwire.com
All reviewsgrab and goinstant oatmealdairy roadnice poolclean place to stayliving areaking bedconvenient locationhousekeepingpetsycamorelaundrycleanliness
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Excellent location and consistently good. Have stayed here for 3 years of visits to son who is stationed at Fort Bragg. The nice pool makes it a good time for the grandchildren when we visit and it is close to shopping and dining. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Gary, thank you for making Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall your home away from home. It’s our pleasure knowing you loved our friendly service and the convenient location while you were here to visit your son. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Overall a nice place for extended stays. Courteous and helpful staff. The location is out of town though but plenty of eating places around.
The room was quite spacious and clean.
The price point was justified for the stay.

Room Tip: one might be annoyed by the noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Mohit, thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall. We are delighted to know our location was ideal for your needs and that you were impressed with the service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your compliments with my entire team for a job well done! It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

So the check in was alright, but the a/c in the room was broken. Furthermore, even though I reported it I ended up having to tell the repair man myself when I saw him; he was unaware of the issue. Breakfast was poorly done; just oatmeal packages and store bought muffins. Laundry services cost $5 for supplies and a full wash. They did it clean the gym while I was there, though it only had 3 pieces of cardio equipment. Finally, internet was VERY slow, and you had to pay extra to get normal speeds. Overall, I do not recommend this hotel, only reimbursement from my company for travel made it a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your feedback. Although we are happy you liked your room, we are disheartened to read about the problems you experienced, and we hope you will accept our sincerest apology for what transpired. Please consider staying with us again so we can show you a better example of our hospitality.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Extended Stay America is generally bottom of the rung for me when it comes to hotels. I have had some very awful experiences there before. Naturally, when Priceline assigned me to this one, I was skeptical. However, in this case, my prejudice was completely wrong. This was by far the best experience I have had at an Extended Stay property. Every thing was clean. There was no stale smoke shell (either in the hallways or room). The room was extremely spacious. There were plenty of power outlets to charge my various devices. The shower provided ample water pressure. The location could not be beat. Also the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
However, it was not all perfect. There were a couple of (minor) things that I need to ding them on. The first is the lamp shade in the bathroom of my guest room (200) was missing. That should have been reported by housekeeping and fixed by maintenance prior to my arrival. The second thing is the treadmill in the exercise room is dangerous to use and should not be used under any circumstances. The conveyor belt jerked a lot which on a treadmill, could lead to serious injury if one is not careful.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience and I would most definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cedartree84
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Cross Creek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

The team and I appreciate your remarks. I am pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised by your clean accommodations and the condition of our hotel. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

My first experience with booking via hotels.com, I booked a literal fleabag hotel in DC (my dog caught fleas from the rug). Today provided me a similar experience.

Fayetteville is a very very special place in many ways. One facet is that two of the hotels I´ve checked into during my stays, only service your room once every few days. In the case of ESA-FCC, once a week. Clean towels and bedding are available for swap out at the front desk before the weekly room cleaning - I can live with that but the condition of the mattress cover and pillows I discovered when I stripped the bedding to swap it out almost made me puke and I am being very sincere.

The pillows and bedding were so stained, it looked like someone either crapped or bled all over them at one time. There were pubic hairs all over the mattress pad (not mine). There were no pillow case liners - the pillow cases were placed directly on the stained pillows. The top sheet was placed on top of the stained mattress pad.

I developed an eye infection during my stay which I originally thought was a by-product of my long flight here - after seeing the condition of the bedding, I suspect that the lack of cleanliness of the bedding was the real probable cause.

Additional low points:
1 - The toilet seat was cracked;
2 - there was a water leak behind the toilet - don´t know if it was fresh or brown water;
3 - you could see where they painted the wall behind the toilet a different color than the rest of the bathroom (likely when they first attempted to repair the leak);
4 - "Harvey" the room´s mascot waterbug died in the bathroom the first night;
5 - there was evidence of roaches in the food storage cabinets;
6 - the overall color scheme of the rooms were depressing;
7 - a bell rang when you manually opened the front door provided a feel that the place was low class;
8 - you needed to go to the front desk to collect pots, pans, toaster, etc. in a plastic tub to take to your room which was tacky;
9 - you had to ask for coffee packs each morning was also tacky;
10 - the walls are paper thin - you will hear all your neighbors cough, sneeze, talk, and knock boots;
11 - the gym is comprised of a few treadmills;
12 - only low-speed "dial-up speed" internet is provided free, regular speed internet is extra.

Pluses:
All of the staff were super friendly and helpful; I will not throw them under the bus just because the bedding repulsed me.

I will spare you the photos of Harvey (RIP by the way), the toilet seat, the toilet leak, and the roach droppings but I did take the pics - so if ESA-FCC wishes to challenge this review - I can post. I did not take pics of the stained bedding as I was physically epulsed and I did not want a reminder that I actually slept in that bed.

Please, please consider staying anywhere else and I am super sincere about this - I have not experienced such a negative visceral reaction to a hotel in decades.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business