“Customers”
Review of Hwy 55

Hwy 55
Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Fair.. not the best this time. Floor dirty. Manager preoccupies with himself. Had to request refill of drink.

1  Thank brian k

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I both had the pimento cheese burger and it was delicious. The fries were good but the onion rings were even better. We both had a shake with our meal and they have any kind you want. Very reasonable priced and great service!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

While visiting Emerald isle this May, my wife and I decided to visit Highway 55 for a quick lunch. Their hamburgers are tops, but I want to try the chili dogs. I was not disappointed. Great chili dogs are getting harder to find, so I was so pleased that we had stopped. Of course, all the menu is great. Good place to bring the family--especially smaller children for the "car" plates. Prices are very competitive.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

This was our second visit and I was a little surprised that is wasn't that great. My son loved the Chicken Cheesesteak but my husband's burger was served cold and the tater tots were clearly fried twice making some of them inedible. I got the Shrimp Po Boy which was loaded with shrimp. Unfortunately, it was also loaded with a cup of subpar sauce. The bread was too saturated to eat and the sauce had little flavor, basically ranch dressing. Salad is not what they do best so it was also disappointing. If you visit stick to sandwiches and fries but tell them to put the sauce on the side if you go with the Po Boy.

The tables were all full when we finished our meal. So, we skipped the shakes this trip but those are usually very good and the wait staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Back for year 2 on the island and visited here the first day. Great food. Has the shrimp poboy ...it was so huge I couldn't pick it up. Almost more shrimp than the shrimp platter! All the family enjoyed there meals and happy with everything. Will do again...maybe before we leave.