“Great place for a large group”
Review of RuckerJohns

RuckerJohns
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Emerald Isle
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This was our first visit to Rucker John's. We had a half hour wait on a Saturday night, which was good considering the other restaurant in the shopping center had an hour and a half wait for a party of 7. The interior is calming and we were quickly seated at a large table with one side consisting of a large, cushiony bench seat. Our orders were taken quickly and meals were delivered in a reasonable amount of time. I had the Cajun shrimp wrap and broccoli and it was delicious! Others in our party had the soup salad with croissants. They were pleased with their food also. Reasonably priced, nice atmosphere and a menu that would appeal to most.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This was our second visit. The interior has been nicely re-done! The food is really good. The service was not what we remembered, and they were not even close to being busy. But all in all, a little something for everyone on the menu.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Nice decor, very friendly staff and delicious food!!! We ate here as a family of 4. Kids were given kids menus and crayons. My husband and I had the tuna and got the kicken shrimp as an appetizer. They put a mouthwatering croissant on your salad. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The first time I tried coming there was a long wait so decided that it must really be good food. Brought out of town friends here for dinner. The salad was one of best parts of the meal. Had grilled shrimp laced with bacon. There were about 5 shrimp on each skewer (total of 2) with a piece of barely cooked bacon and drenched in overpowering barbecue sauce. I love the combination of shrimp and bacon, but not at this meal. The manager stopped by our table to ensure everything ok. The 1 remaining shrimp skewer was returned to the grill to complete cooking, but bacon remained barely heated thru. My friends had a burger and baked potato which they were satisfied with. Only good thing going for this place is it's large enough to accommodate large parties. Doubt I'll be returning.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

First off, the croissants were great, and so was my salad with the hot bacon dressing. My wife’s Mahi smelled very fishy, and it was obvious to me that my ribs were probably pre-cooked off site and were in shrink wrapped plastic not long before they hit my plate. Service was good.