“No service ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Went Tues night and sat and sat and sat. No waitresses would even look our way. The restaurant was not overly crowded so I have not a clue what the problem was.
If they don’t need my money fine with me, went to Plaza Mexico down the street and had a super meal.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

If you are in the mood for Mexican, Tacobell just ain't cutting it, and you are looking for a good Mexican restaurant at a reasonable price, check out El Zarape, you will not be disappointed.

My family has eaten at El Zarape on several different occasions over the past few years. We have sampled both the lunch, and dinner menu, and we have visited both during tourist season and during the offseason. We have never had a bad meal at El Zarape and we have never had anything but the very best of fast, courteous, and very polite service.

El Zarape offers a broad selection on its menu but the high point for me is the fresh tortilla chips, the house made guacamole, and the steak fajitas!

I have visited Mexico several times and I have eaten true Mexican food. I mention this, not simply to brag, but rather because when I refer others to this restaurant, I like to tell them that El Zarape is a lot like a day trip to Tajuana, it's not exactly a true taste of Mexico, but it is a lot of fun, you get a lot for your money, and it's a heck of a lot more authentic than a trip to your local Tacobell.

Go there, try the food, you will like this restaurant.

Semper Fi - GunnyS.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Good food, good salsa and chips. Temperatures of food could have been a little better. Service was good for a party of 8.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Great for reasonably priced and fresh Mexican food. Good service and not too busy. Nice done home sort of place to chill out.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I have been a practicing Zen Buddhist for seventeen years. I faithfully meditate and practice yoga each morning in my pebble garden. However, after visiting this restaurant, the quote which I have often studied “focus not on what is painful, but on what brings pleasure to you and society” has become meaningless. It simply does not apply in situations of such enormous “pain.” I am sad to say that my visit to El Zarape dismembered my faith. The service was so bad that I have lost the ability to trust in my ingrained, Siddhartha-inspired value structure. We ordered vegetarian dishes at El Zarape, we were good Buddhists then, and the waiter proceeded to deliver tasteless tubes of purely processed meat. These were only brought to us after twenty minutes of waiting, during which we asked for utensils three times and attempted to have our drinks refilled twice. When asking for a new dish, because of the presence of capitalist-americana flesh on our plates, the waiter proceeded to accuse us of delivering our orders incorrectly and refused to apologize. Our food then took another thirteen minutes to manifest, in new vegetarian form, on the table. Only then we realized we had 2/3 of the utensils needed and no water. We failed to acquire any of these necessary tools of consumption for the remainder of the meal. Our waiter did not return to the table and other staff told us to wait. The agony of this highly mediocre, late, and spiced with garbage service meal led to my falling out with the Buddha. Had I not gone to this restaurant I would have succeeded in gaining enlightenment, in becoming a bodhisattva. However, the fact that the service was so bad, that humanity could be so rude and so bad at providing utensils, that I could have such a terrible experience at a small Mexican restaurant by the sea has made me doubt all my presuppositions about the human mind. I have fallen into deep deep depression, and I see now that had I not visited El Zarape my life could have been led in a pure and natural way, with true sagacity. I plead with you, do not visit El Zarape.