“Mid-town (beach) location”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jon K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“If maintenance/updating was done, 5 stars, but 3 as it sits”
Reviewed 4 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Stayed 3 nights March 2013. Location is really perfection - it is right on a great part of the beach, and both close-in to restaurants and shopping and far away enough to be really private and quiet - it's about 5 minutes or less drive to Emerald Isle proper, with very decent food, grocery, even hardware store.

The lot it sits on is great, pretty rare single family with plenty of breathing room while oceanfront.

The layout is equally great: 2 beds up and 2 down, EACH with its own ensuite bathroom. Nice, large "great room" area, lots of seating at both dining and casual areas, absolutely huge foyer, decks, and open space, the place just feels totally open.

Views are good downstairs, and spectacular upstairs. We had dolphins literally right out the windows and 30 yards offshore each day we were there.

Now, for the deductions, and they are all maintenance related. First of all, we had NO heat downstairs nearly the entire time we were there. This was early March, and it was a very cold March, and we were cold. We called shortly after checking in, and were told there was nothing that could be done that night, had to be next morning. Following mid-morning, a guy showed up and put some freon in the heat pump for the downstairs. It lasted about 16 hours, and went out again that next night (a Sunday night no less - we didn't even bother to call that time). Next, the decking basically needs to be replaced all around the house. There are nails sticking up, warped boards, splinters, etc. I guess to some this could be charming in a painting on the wall, but not when you want to walk on it with little or no footwear down to the beach after a couple of beers. Lastly, it's just basically in need of a 1-week overhaul to fix what's broken, scrape, paint, replace the appliances and HVAC. And then it would move from 3 stars to 5 stars.

All that said - I DO recommend this to a friend. The location and layout are SO great that it's easy to see why they just keep renting it at this price and saving the capital.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Maintenance and Upkeep
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
4 Apr 2013
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed this home and all that Emerald Isle has to offer. I agree that the location is ideal as it does have a very private feel, but is close to the central part of Emerald Isle where you will find restaurants and shops.

I am very sorry to hear of the issue you experienced with the heat. I do see where we sent a repair person to the home during and after your stay and I'm sure this has been fixed, but I'm sorry for the discomfort you experienced. I have forwarded your feedback on to our refurbishment team so they can perform a walk through of Waterloo and make recommendations for improvements to the owner.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and allow Emerald Isle Realty another opportunityto host your stay. Please call us if we can be of assistance as you plan your next trip - 1-888-832-0140.
Prince William
Reviewed 28 March 2013 for a stay in August 2012

28 Mar 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at Waterloo. I noticed that you stayed last August and into September and hope you enjoyed your time in Emerald Isle.

Our maintenance department has been busy during our off season inspecting the decks of each of our rental homes to ensure the safety of each of them as well as the safety of each of our guests. While it is normal for the nails and fasteners to pop with age, no other items were noted which would pose a safety concern with the deck of Waterloo.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will vacation with us again soon. Please call us when you're ready to begin planning your next Emerald Isle vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed 11 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

11 Oct 2012
It pleases me to know that you enjoyed your Emerald Isle vacation while staying at Waterloo. Thank you for your feedback and please come again soon. When you're ready to make reservations for your next stay, please call us - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed 9 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

9 May 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Waterloo. I'm sorry to hear of the disappointment surrounding your vacation experience this year. We do strive to make your vacation effortless and enjoyable and I again apologize that this was not your experience.

Our website is regularly maintained to keep it up to date. Unfortunately, we aren't always informed when updates and changes are made to each property. While it is true that vacation rentals change owners from time to time, more often than not they remain vacation rentals and in most cases existing furnishings and other personal items are included in the sale of a property. Upon receiving your review, a request has been submitted to have new pictures taken of both homes so we can accurately depict and describe them. Thank you for alerting us of this need.

Thank you again for your feedback and for expressing your concerns to us. I hope you'll revisit the Crystal Coast soon and allow Emerald Isle Realty another opportunity to serve as your host. Please call us if we can assist you in planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
TX
Reviewed 25 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: the floor plan
Liked least: not a lot of view from the deck
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing