All reviews golf course the bull durham bar fairview restaurant round of golf faculty club elegant hotel southern charm bell staff cameron indoor stadium self parking west campus indoor pool breakfast buffet crab cakes common areas chapel hill fitness center
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Fabulous. Easy. Super convenient. I recommend highly!
Always love the Washington Duke Inn. It is super convenient for visiting Duke and walking around campus without having to use the car. Always friendly and excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ShannonNewsom
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear ShannonNewsom,

Thank you for your fabulous review of the Inn! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our close proximity to campus. We are proud to be the lodging destination of choice for so many Duke guests and visitors. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The room was beautiful. Felt very cozy. The grounds are a sight to see. I took an Uber to Duke campus and spent a few hours walking around and walked back. The campus gardens are worth visiting while there. I was there on a business trip and had dinner with a group. THe wait staff were great and the food was delicious. The next day I had a meeting in one of their rooms with a view of the golf course. We had the doors open and got to enjoy all of it. Our breaks were on the terrace overlooking the course. Snacks were the best I've ever had at a business meeting. I was there less than 24 hours but I cannot say enough about this place! Would love to go back.

Room Tip: Even basic rooms are great.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Leslie H,

Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a magnificent meeting and stay at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful property along with the many sights on campus. We greatly appreciate your gracious remarks and certainly hope to welcome you back to the Inn again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2018

I can't really give this place a bad review, because I think they do some things right. I was there for three days while my son was at a camp in the area. I did check out after the first night though. This is right in the vicinity of the Duke campus. It is an absolutely beautiful area, and the grounds are kept up nicely. There is golf and a spa, neither of which I partook in.
When I checked in, I was in shorts and a shirt (not a t shirt). The young lady that checked me in pointed to the "casual" restaurant behind me, and told me this is where I would probably want to eat. There was no real mention of the other restaurant(s). She also didn't mention the fact that I had a certain amount of money for "incidentals" on the reservation. I don't even know how much I had, or had left over since I only found out after I checked out.
The room and bed were comfortable. No problems with the temperature, or the bedding. The window would not seal, so there was an interesting amount of cricket noise, which made it sound almost like they were in the room.
The view was of nothing special. But again, there was not issues with what I had received.
There was no charge for parking and spots were easy to come by.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Christirdh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to learn that your overall experience was pleasant and you enjoyed our comfortable guestrooms, beautiful surroundings and prime location on Duke's campus. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We are in a deluxe suite. And it is very deserving of it's name. Wow! Such a great room. Living room, dining room, mini bar, king bed and 2 full bathrooms complete with jetted tub. And it wouldn't be complete without a luxurious robe. Our room looks over the well manicured golf course. All the old world charm you could ever ask for.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Goldengirl0711,

We are glad to hear that your early birthday surprise was made even more special with a stay in our deluxe suite! It was our pleasure to play host to your birthday celebration. Thank you for your gracious review. We hope you will return to make many more special memories with us!

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My son and I have been going to a Duke Medicine Clinic for 30 years. We decided to stay at Washington Duke Inn for 2 nights during this appointment. We traveled almost 2 hours away from La Grange, NC. To say that we were happy with your Inn and the experience that you provided is an understatement. Your Inn made what was a difficult medical visit more pleasant with your incredible concern that everyone's stay be as wonderful as it could be. Thank you to Octavia for making our reservation, Sean for getting us to the appointment with your shuttle, Lisa who we met in your gift shop, Bryan who delivered our in room dining and Sydney for checking us out. Each and every one was a kind, considerate individual who make this world a better place to be in. Thank you from myself and my son. Your kindness will not be forgotten and we will recommend your Inn to family and friends.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family