“Best Tiramisu ever!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Had a lovely lunch here with friends-- a perfect spot. Seat yourself--no pressure--wait staff was attentive without checking in too often, ideal for a quiet midday get away from the hustle and bustle. Food was delicious and meal ended with incredible tiramisu. The server said it was homemade, and I believe it. Best I've ever had!

1  Thank Laura C

Reviewed 7 March 2016

I love Melo Trattoria. I have praised Gocciolina - just down the street - as being the only real Italian restaurant in the area - and I stand by that. But Melo's cook is a South American who lived and trained in Italy and also understands and loves and respects that cuisine. So there are, in fact, some wonderfully prepared Italian items on the menu. But Melo does not purport to be exclusively an Italian restaurant; it also features some beautifully (and authentically) prepared Spanish Tapas dishes, as well as delicacies from Latin America. Yet the feel of this tastefully decorated and genuinely charming bistro is pure European. One could be on the Vieux Port of Marseilles or on the Adige River in Verona. The staff is super hospitable and you always feel like they opened that day just for you. Their pasta dishes are very true to Italian form and very delicious. (Gocciolina's chef would agree, I am sure) Their tiramisu is genuine (rare to find in the US) - except for the essential lack of booze - so buy a shot of grappa or Cognac and add it yourself and you have Mamma's true and wonderful "Pick-me-up" just as you would in Italy. But also try some of the other Tapas specialties. They are delicious. Local regular patrons contribute to the atmosphere of an European neighborhood trattoria or bistro and also serve notice that folks love this place and keep coming back. I, too, love it and visit as often as I can. (Note Toscanini on the wall enjoying a bowl of spaghetti.) Travelers - note that it is just off I-85/15-501 at the Hillandale exit -a convenient stop en route - but you may decide to overnight so you can go back to Melo one more time.)

1  Thank chennirei
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to this restaurant for dinner while visiting North Carolina. The menu is advertised as Spanish and Italian, which seems like an odd combination. In reality when we got there the Italian seemed to overwhelm the Spanish and both of us ordered from the Italian side of the menu. I had an Italian sausage and peppers with a pasta which is very good. The serving size was adequate and the taste was excellent. The Service was good. The ambiance was quaint area to have dinner. The prices were reasonable. There was a reasonable selection of wine. The service was good. I would definitely return to this restaurant

1  Thank drwsurf
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Stopped here recently for dinner with family, and this place certainly lived up to its reviews. Staff was friendly and checked on us frequently - but not annoyingly so. Bread was warm and tasty, and dinners were packed full of flavor. The special lasagna bolognese was exceptional, as was the greek pasta with shrimp - so many herbs and flavors I almost couldn't keep track. Will certainly be back here - check them out!

3  Thank ckassotis
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Stopped in for dinner and enjoyed a great meal with even better service. Definately would recommend this restaurant for quality Italian fare.

2  Thank wkassotis