“Taste of France”

Ranked #14 of 838 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since 2006, Rue Cler has proudly served the community of downtown Durham. We bring the freshest southeastern ingredients to our diverse clientele, offering simple, classic preparations, in the style of a Parisian neighborhood restaurant. Our dinner menu is updated frequently, with a focus on seasonal, local products. We have an extensive, award-winning wine list, with selections from France and the US, including rare bottles. We gladly accept reservations, so give us a call today!
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The food here is amazing. I tried several plates and they were all cooked well and felt authentically French. The wait staff is courteous and attentive. The atmosphere is the only aspect that is not great because the restaurant is small and has a bad echo that makes it hard to carry a conversation.

1  Thank Nicholas L

Reviewed 3 October 2017

If it weren't for lack of ambiance, this restaurant would earn a 5-star rating. Best steaks prepared with fine ingredients, great frites like in Belgium, and always a crowd. The best frizee salad around.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I came here with my girlfriends and we had such a great time! Our server was really nice and professional. The presentation of our dishes was nice and the food itself was delicious. I definitely need to return.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I think of Rue Cler as gastropub with a beret and a striped jersey.
We stopped in for an early dinner and ordered off the blackboard. I channeled my inner "Student Prince in Old Heidelberg" and had house made sausage with house cured red cabbage, my companion had salmon. The orders arrived promptly and were very tasty. Service was friendly and helpful. Wine and beer list is impressive. The only reason I don't rate this higher is the need for a sympathetic facelift for the interior.
Understand that the food is the star here. The menu changes constantly based on what is in season. There is always a steak variation available for beef-a-vores.This is the place to go if you want great food with a French accent, but don't want a more formal experience.

1  Thank margaret r
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This was the perfect restaurant for me and my wife to enjoy our anniversary. The menus selections were great. Everything that was brought to our table was fresh and perfectly made, nothing was over cooked. The salad was excellent everything on the plate was fresh and full of color. Not a negative word I can say about this place.