“Great Asian Tapas”
Review of JuJu

JuJu
Reserve with OpenTable
JuJu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 819 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Deliciously lucky. Juju: an Asian fusion tapas dining experience in Durham, North Carolina. Juju is the exciting sister restaurant to Chapel Hill's acclaimed Jujube, launched by local restaurateurs Julian Benfey and Charlie Deal. Located on Ninth St. Near Duke University's East Campus, Juju is the luckiest place in town to be, for anything from an early bite to a fun evening late into the night. Juju serves up small plates with bold flavors, each prepared creatively with attention to tradition, whimsy, local integrity, and, of course, deliciousness. In addition to its extensive and delicious menu, Juju features a dynamic beverage program of hand-made cocktails, extensive Sake selections and a well-chosen list of artisan wines and craft beers. Dine at the exquisite bar, in the luxurious booths, in the main dining room, or around the fire pit on the patio. Make a meal from small plates or order a whole Peking duck to share with friends. Just come ready for a memorable experience.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We were in town visiting my son and decided to take the family to Juju for tapas. It was a great choice. We had reservations so got a lovely booth for 4. Our server was attentive and all the tapas we chose to share were very good. My husband decided the look over the bill - must have seemed high to him - and we were charged double for a few entries, which the server said he noticed as well...but didn't do anything about it until my husband brought it to his attention. So a little disappointed in the server's attitude about it. It amounted to about $50 being taken off so we were satisfied and the food was very good - just beware I guess.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Great food! It's an Asian tapas restaurant!
Everything we had was delicious, the service was very good and kind, they took the time to explain everything we asked!
The dessert was also very good!
We had the pork belly dumplings, it came with a sour sweet sauce, and the texture was very soft and juicy, we also had the beef ribs wantons they are crunchy and the meet inside soft, the flavor was amazing, it almost melt in your mouth, and the calamari was crunchy
We also try the beef with a Peanut sauce, amazing! And for dessert the tart tatin, the pastry was crunchy and light and the fruit was warm with caramelizad ginger, soooo good

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

On my first visit to Juju I had higher hopes for this restaurant after seeing the Trip Advisor ratings. Unfortunately we found the food to be OK but not great, the beer selection was eclectic and not Asian at all, and they offer. an extensive array of cold sake. Prices are very high considering portions are very small. Don't go here hungry! The tastes were traditional, nothing exceptional or unique despite the "fusion" description. For $50 per person, there are considerably better options in Durham available. The decor is nice and the service was very good overall.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I love Juju. In addition to being impeccably designed and decorated it offers the complexity and variety I crave. I love living in the mountains but the Simplicity of the food available leaves something to be desired and JuJu takes care of that desire. I had both lunch and dinner there today and sampled a wide variety of dishes and they were all good. Beautifully prepared and presented Peach dish provided an explosion of lovely flavors. The servers are always appropriately attentive and I really like the Tapas-like small dish approach because it allows you to try a lot of different options. The sorbet desert was the perfect ending. I was pleasantly full but not stuffed. I love the muddled drinks. Even the bathrooms are well stocked with items you might need and they are beautiful as well. A great choice for the adventuresome pallet.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This was by far our best meal on our trip Chapel Hill and Durham. It's a little pricey but so worth it. The food is excellent and the service spot on. There were four of us so we each ordered two dishes to share. All were tasty but the Braised Beef Short Rib Wontons, Grilled Lamb Lollipop Chops and the Duck Fat Fried Rice were our favorites. Also, the lemon curd dessert was amazing! We will definitely go back.

Been to JuJu? Share your experiences!