“Decent food....depends on what you get”

Local 22 Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #52 of 821 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are not just another restaurant. We are your neighbors, your friends, your next door chefs, and your down the street bartenders. We believe in a craft approach of the highest- quality ingredients. That's why we work with local farms & partners & our chalkboards always feature ingredients that just came through the door. From our signature flavors and daily eats, to our down-home cocktails and local drafts, local22 serves your new favorites.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Came twice for dinner- across from hotel. Pimento cheese is great- salad great- good roast chicken. Pizza is something I will not get again.
Place is cute, clean, good servers, and fresh food. They are allergy conscious as several of us had shellfish allergies.
Will come back when I stay here.

Paul J, General Manager at Local 22 Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Suziewoozie woo woo! Thanks for your comments and review. I'm glad to hear you'll make a return trip to Local. I'd love to know a little more about your visit. Especially what could make it a little more "valuable" to ya. Did y'all try any chalk board specials? Those are the best! Holler at me if you'd like, but definitely say hey. Ext time you're in.
-Paul
GM
Info@local22durham.com

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Traveled to see our team beat --oops I mean play Duke and stopped here on way in and out. We had snacks, basically and drinks. We liked everything we tried: tater tots, hush puppies, pizza and pimento dip. The cocktail drinkers seemed to enjoy their various libations (I drank wine, limited by the glass selection so if you do either or, I;'d go for the cocktails. Staff very friendly and solicitous and we were especially grateful the kitchen was still open after the game! I'd go back....

Hey there!! Pretty sure I remember y'all. I was tending that bar when all you U fans pulled back in to celebrate. Glad we could keep the party going and feed ya too, even if I was out numbered pretty bad Sorry you felt like the 8 red glass options were limited, but next time check out the bottles list...there's all kinds of stuff there, and y'all drank enough to warrant a bottle We appreciated all the love y'all showed that weekend, and super glad you had a good time! We'll see ya in January
-Paul
GM
Info@local22durham.com

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Our daughter suggested this hip bistro and we are happy that she did. The service was top notch and the food varied and delish. We had the beer salad, which was fresh and sweet. Also the Shrimp and Grits and pizzas to share. Really delish.

Management response:Responded 8 September 2017

We appreciate ya! Feelin that vibe.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We ordered two pizzas to go. One was a margheritta and one was lamb sausage. Our hotel was right next door so the food should have still been hot by the time we reached our room. Both pizzas were cold and had to be heated in the microwave, which of course made the crust limp. Taste was below average. We requested napkins and were given two cocktail napkins. We also asked for paper plates but they didn't have any. Overall, we ended up throwing away more than half of the food. Not worth it.

Management response:Responded 8 September 2017

I really don't know what happened here, but I hate to hear that very sorry about your experience. We put out our food to go piping hot, so it's disconcerting to hear your description. Sorry that was your experience. We don't look to do Anything at Local average, much less below average. I encourage you to dine in and try us again when you're back around. I bet you'll love it!

Thanks,
Paul Jones

Reviewed 24 August 2017

While in Durham i stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. I discovered Local 22 while taking a morning stroll, and decided to come back for lunch. The food was fantastic. I ended up ordering take out three more times from this restaurant as I was spending all day at Duke hospital. The staff was very nice and wanted me to know they could make any of my requests vegan. food was so fresh tasting, I highly recommend you try this restaurant whether you're vegan or not.